State Handgun Permits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Handgun Permits

So who has a State issued Concealed Handgun License, when did you get it, and do you carry?

I was one of the first in Texas to get one, when they changed the law and required a CHL about 20 years ago. I use to carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II Crimson 45ACP, but went to a lighter S&W Bodyguard Crimson 380ACP Double Action. The smaller size and an added pocket clip allows me to conceal it comfortably at the inside edge of my right front pocket. I NEVER leave home without t in my pocket.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I remember back in 1985 that Fl legislation voted on whether we could or couldn't conceal.. ..Well turns out that it was voted in..but that a hole Democrat Governor Graham said F off.. No guns for you...well ..We remembered that and the next vote was 1987... Martinez signed it into law.. I quickly sent off for the paperwork..filled everything out...had the county Sheriff finger print me ..went to AAA for 3 photos and about 3 months later the license came.

Carried a Colt 1911 made back in 1914 for several years until a guy talked trade to me.. All in all got about 1500 bucks for it. Wish I had it back.. It is worth way more today

Then carried a Rossi .38 SPL + P 5-Shot for the longest time.. until the frame cracked from some very hot +P rounds...Just sold that one this summer

Now days I carry the Colt Defender .45 or the Kimber Master Carry Custom .45..

To date I have not shot anyone but did pull out on 3 separate occasions.. 2 of which was while at the ATM at my bank back in the 1990's ..The 3rd time I don't speak about

Ya have to be careful when carrying..especially here in Fl.. Don't even think about going to the Post Office to get your mail cause if you set even the slightest toenail on Gov property...You are done...You go straight to jail..no free pass.. Bend over to get the soap and you are f'....ed

9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

B K.. Does the wife have any issues with you carrying? Mine doesn't ..She also has her permit. She got hers last year and she carry's a Ruger LC9s or the Sig Sauer SAS P-938

Member USCCA

Comment

Nope. Wife had a CHL when I first got mine, but let it expire back in the days when you had to take refreshers every two years. Did the first refresher but not second. She keeps talking about requalifying as she wears a big diamond.

Comment

Kid 1 will be 21 in Feb... He already has his paperwork filled out....he is going to take the course that day as well and then scoot down to the courthouse to file the app. Should take about 20 or so days and he will receive his carry permit. .
          That weekend we are hitting up Disney's Epcot ..He wants to have a drink in every country..

His wep of choice right now is the Sig Saure 1911 Fastback Nightmare.. He can group 8 real tight @ 25yds just by using the low profile night sights alone..

Member USCCA

Comment

Dallas turns 28 next month and has carried since 21. My middle daughter has a pink 9mm in her purse. My youngest son is 25 and carries to.

Comment

So I am thinking about the Smith an Wesson M&P CORE 40 with the vented barrel ..... Not for carry..but for general plinking. I have collected through the years of Oblamma th Lamma... a bunch of .40 rounds...and I don't have a .40 anymore. The CORE will adapt to a red dot sight I had on an M-16 ...It is the Burris Fastfire 3 .. Not as popular as a Trijicon or Leupold DeltaPoint Pro..but not as expensive either and does the same thing.

So.. Who else is planning on a new/used wep anytime soon?

Member USCCA

Comment

I'm pretty good to go on handguns, except for the need of Shotgun pistol.

I do need to fill in my combat rifle collection, but haven't decided which yet.

Comment

Interesting, albeit old, thread as also appears to be with several other firearm threads from '16.
                  I have had my ccw for nearly 30 years.
                  Quality Engineered Components
                  EarlyHemi Parts and Tech
                  http://www.qualityengineeredcomponents.com/

Comment

Its been a long time that Deb and I've had ours too. I use to have to renew every two years, then Texas passed a law that Veterans don't have to renew after three times and no longer have to pay a fee. I'm good for life now.

52995545_125994368465339_1146960764309864448_n.jpg

Comment

Wife's had her license for several years and carries a S&W .357 mag or a Kimber .380. I don't carry, but have an affinity for 1911's in any version.
                      My book store: http://www.wings-press.com/

Comment

Good news now that Kentucky becomes the 16th state to pass Constitutional carry.....
                        Quality Engineered Components
                        EarlyHemi Parts and Tech
                        http://www.qualityengineeredcomponents.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X