Guns: Hunting, Collection, & Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry Handgun Wish list

All of my current handguns are way too big to be good carry guns -- so I ordered the Kimber .45ACP Crimson Ultra Carry II -- with the Crimson laser sight. Not real small -- but you can't get a 45 too much smaller.

Kimber > 1911 Pistols > Crimson Carry > Ultra Crimson Carry II™

So what's on your "Wish List" for a Concealed Carry?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Looks like a nice gun. i have been thinking about a hand gun for some time now, its just i really love rifles. Any way i have only been looking at them for a few weeks and so far i really like the Smith&Wesson .500 . They just have some massive energy. For me i live in the woods so i would not mind something i can carry easy and has tons of knock down power. The only thing about hand guns is they are a short range weapon, so i think give them that kind of killing power and the close encounter is over. i have seen the S&M .500 comes in a 4 and 1/2 inch barrel. I need to find out more info, and other types of hand guns, things like trigger pull and weight of course.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

That's a nice gun and they handle really good. I got to play with one here a while back but didn't get to shoot it. That Kimber is on my want list for sure for now tho I'll stick with my Glocks.

Comment

I have a glock .40. It kicks way more than the Smith that my step father has. I do like Kimber firearms a lot.
        Shawn
        72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
        89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

So has anyone looked at the dessert eagles?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Dallas just bought that Kimber 45 ACP Ultra Carry II with a modified trigger for himself today. $100. I'm still waiting for mine to come in.

I have plenty of big pistols -- but need a concealed weapon of a smaller size.
            Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
            Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
            Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Here's a pretty good site on small handguns for CC. Mouseguns.Com New Index

Comment

i used to carry a lama p-45 nice lil 45 acp i could hit nice with it to about 35 yards hit a lot better than my 1991 colt it was a p.o.s . i carryed a rock island arsonal 1911 al last summer ia shorts and t shirt never had a problom with the size now i dont know about the saa i may have to start carring my j-22 .lol

Comment

Go to a shooting range and shoot the little guns before spending your money. Many of the .380acp are small, light weight made of glass filled nylon materials (polymer).

The Ruger LCP when first out I was sending back almost 50% of everything Cabelas sold. You could pinch the frame above the trigger housing and make the gun go off, the housing was flexing. Ruger had a recall to correct the problem.

Kel-Tec and Ruger look alike, Kel-Tec sued Ruger for pat. rights and won. Walther, Taurus, CZ, Cobra and a few others are available, lots to choose from.

Like them or not the little calibers are like anything else - you have to be within 10-12 feet if you start shooting and it had better be live or die deal. You get much further and the judge will ask why you didn't run.

If your personal-defense handgun is going to be a small autoloader, and you are buying it because the chance exists that it may someday have to save your life, the choice between a 380 or a 9mm is still a no-brainer. Get a 9mm. A 9mm is a little larger and weight is a few oz more but worth the hazzle.
                  “Mural Persuasion”
                  "OFFER THE GENTLEMAN A CIGAR, IF HE REFUSES, SHOOT THE SONOFABITCH".
                  Mark Twain 1891

Comment

wish list..

Smith & Wesson Performance Center Round Butt SW1911PC .45

2nd

Smith&Wesson Model SW1911SC E-Series™ Round Butt, Scandium .45
                    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Working...
                    X