X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 9 Devo

From the Heart: Attitudes and Actions

Read John 8:1-12

v.7 He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

In a Time magazine interview, a 28 year old man with AIDS stated, Im really afraid to die so young. Id like a little more time. Im hoping God will give me a break.

This disease, (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) was looked on as the leprosy of the 1980s. It would strike fear and contempt in the hearts of millions who did not suffer from it. Because more often than not it resulted from an immoral lifestyle condemned by the Word of God. So many people felt little compassion for those who had it. Some saw it as Gods special curse, a warning from God to abstain from this lifestyle. However, there were others that disagreed with this view. Regardless of how we see it, the fact is that any sin exposes us to the social and biological consequences of breaking Gods moral laws, and we are all guilty of that. Condescending attitudes block what is most needed by someone with AIDS, caring, help, and above all, Christ.

I dare say, that most everyone who has lived very long has by now come in contact with or has know about someone with AIDS. It is still a scary disease but if caught early it can now be controlled by medications and lifestyle.

Those of you that have known me for a long time will remember how personal this is for me because my younger brother passed away in 1991 with this disease. My wife and I did our best to help him and his friend, who also had Aids, until they passed away. And yes, we too were fearful but we were also careful. God is good and He gave us the courage to help and the protection from harm. I have always been grateful to God for placing them in our care because both died knowing the Lord as their personal Savior, having been baptized into Christ for their sins. They went to be with the Lord.

In our scripture reading above we can see the love and compassion that Jesus had for this woman who was caught in the act of adultery. He didnt condone her sin but He loved her soul. He said, Go and sin no more.

We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. And dont be deceived, God hates ALL sin but He loves the sinner and He wants them to repent, turn away from their sins, that He might heal their broken hearts and make heaven their home.

The poet Vandergrift wrote:
    Let me not judge my fellowmen,
    But understand them, Lord and when
    The casting of the stones begins,
    Remind me of my many sins.
    PRAYER:

Holy Father, I humbly come to you today praising You as the only True and Living God. The one who gives life to our bodies and eternal life to our souls. Help us Father to love You more and to lay up our treasures in heaven instead of here on earth. Forgive us when we fail and guide us safely home. For its in the name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, We Pray Amen!

Powers Ferry Rd. Church of Christ

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Visitor

Collapse

MoparStyle Christian Chapel

About this Group

Ministered by Padre Bill (aka Magnumguy)
Type: Public
Topics: 568
Comments: 22

Owner

Members (8)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X