• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnumguy
    started a topic Devo for Sunday May 26

Devo for Sunday May 26

Deeds Make a Difference

I personally believe that we will never fully know the impact that we had on others in this life. When we give a smile, a kind word, or a piece of advice we might not think much of it but to someone else it might make all the difference. I look forward to the day when I can truly see how much serving God mattered. “Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known” (1 Corinthians 13:8). One of our graduates told me about how helpful it was to have a Christian friend to sit with during High School lunch. Today’s High School environment can be tough on young Christians.

The act of eating lunch with a younger friend from church probably
    didn’t seem like a big deal but it was the high point of someone’s day. Little did Madison Taberner know that when she waved her fellow Christian over to her lunch table she was doing something that would support someone’s faith. Later she will know fully, on the day she receives her reward. Are you being the person that Jesus called you to be? He says, “let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16). Everything we do matters. Every word we say matters.

Our
    character and attitudes can lead to God being praised or they can lead people away from the One who made them. Do you remember that time when you were explaining something from the Bible to someone in grade school? Remember how you had to explain it in about six different ways before the lightbulb came on?

You worked hard to remain calm and patient and
    I’m glad. You didn’t realize how important that moment was at the time but later you shall know fully, even as you are fully known. Or do you remember that time when someone’s wife was out of town and you invited her husband over to your family dinner because you knew he couldn’t cook? You didn’t really know much you encouraged that guy at the time but later you shall know fully.

Let us all let our light shine so when we
    know fully that may be a day of joy and not regret

Camden Ave Church of Christ

Visitor

Collapse

MoparStyle Christian Chapel

About this Group

Ministered by Padre Bill (aka Magnumguy)
Type: Public
Topics: 567
Comments: 22

Owner

Members (8)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X