Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 10 Devo

DON’T DROP IT!

Have you ever heard someone say, “We are only one generation away from apostasy”? That fact may be scary; but, I believe it is true. Every generation has the responsibility of passing the truths of the gospel on to those who follow.Paul impressed this principal upon Timothy’s mind when he wrote, “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also” (2 Timothy 2:2).Did you notice that progression?

Paul had taught Timothy, and Timothy was
    to transmit what he had learned to others, and those people were to pass the gospel on to still others.I think it is worthy of note that this transmission was to be done through “faithful men.” This term denotes that they were to be loyal and trustworthy. The gospel, you see, is too precious to be intrusted to those who are not fully committed to God.I am reminded of a little girl who asked her mother, “Did you once tell me that the blue vase in the front room had been handed down from one generation of your family to another?” “Yes, dear,” asked the mother, “but why do you ask?”“Because, mommy, I’m very sorry, but this generation just dropped it,” was the little girl’s reply.

The gospel is in our hands (2 Corinthians 4:7); let’s not drop it. Our children, and generations yet to be born, are depending upon us.

Camden Ave Church of Christ

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X