Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devo for Nov. 23

An Investment Guaranteed by God Himself

Recently, the Wall Street Journal profiled a family who literally sold all they had and invested it in the wave of the future: Bitcoin. The “Bitcoin Family” upended their lives by moving into a trailer, removing their kids from school, and embarking on exotic travels. The family’s radical devotion to Bitcoin actually seemed to work at first. Within a year, their investment skyrocketed to 20 times its value. Their lives were transformed, and their stress was relieved.

But soon the inevitable happened—the Bitcoin bubble burst. Despite losing half a million dollars in just a few weeks, the family’s faith in Bitcoin was unshaken.

I’m sure we’ve all felt the allure of get-rich-quick schemes. Wouldn’t instant wealth solve our problems and cure our anxieties? The Bible gives a resounding, “No.” Worldly riches are a misplaced hope. We should not store up treasures here on earth where stock markets can crash, property values can fall, and cryptocurrencies can fluctuate. Instead, we must invest our fortunes and our lives in the Gospel of the coming kingdom of Jesus Christ. That’s an investment guaranteed by God himself.

God, please grant me the wisdom to make wise choices about how to invest and use my money. Let me not be drawn to get-rich-quick schemes that lure people with a false hope in instant success. Instead, give me the endurance to work hard, save wisely, and to place my ultimate hope and trust in Christ alone.

Dr. Robert Jeffress

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X