Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 22 Devo

Attendance

“Whether you attend services doesn’t depend upon how far you live from the church building, but how close you live to God!”

Isn’t that true of almost anything we desire to do in life? It is true that we can say whether you attend services doesn’t depend upon how
    far you live from the church building, but how close you live to God. But couldn’t we just as easily say, “Whether you attend services doesn’t
    depend upon how tired you are, but whether you gain strength joined with brothers and sisters in the presence of God. Or perhaps

“Whether you attend services doesn't depend upon whether or not friends stop by, but whether you show them by your example, what is really important in your life.”

I’m sure you could add to this list, but I would suggest to you that our time with God’s church is just as important as anything else in your lives.
    I know how hard it sometimes is to make the right choice, but when you weigh what the world offers against what God offers
    there is no comparison, God doesn’t offer free ball games or autographed pictures. He offers us a place to live with him forever.

Several scriptures jump to the front of my thoughts, but there’s one that may apply more than we would like to admit. The writer of Hebrews
    deals with the choices we sometimes make, as to where we chose to be. In Hebrews 10:24- 25, he writes:

“Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more,
    as you see the day drawing near.”

www.camdenavechurchofchrist.com

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X