Man's Best Friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see a photo of Fido

This is a photo of Buster, my Chocolate Lab, taken about a year ago when he just turned One. He's huge now -- and getting a little fat. We lived on ten acres and had a couple of ponds -- but have since moved -- so he doesn't get the exercise he use to.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

This is Dixie -- about three years ago. She's about ten -- but as spry as she was at two.

Comment

While Dixie is 1/20 the size of Buster, she's the Boss. With dogs, it doesn't appear to be size that dictates this -- but time in service. Even when Shotsie was 14 years old and dying -- she was the leader of the pack for the other four dogs. When she died -- her son Hank was the leader of the pack. He use to give Buster Hell until Buster was bigger than him. They got into quite a few fights after that -- and while Buster could kick Hank's ass, Hank was the leader of the pack (when they weren't fighting) because of his seniority. When I sold the house to my brother -- Hank stayed -- as he's been an outdoor guard dog there since birth (ten years ago) and would never be able to adjust to the move. Now that there is just Dixie and Buster -- they spend the day playing tug of war. She's flat out mean to Buster at times -- but Buster appears to play along (amused) because of her seniority.

Comment

This is Meeko our Alaskan Malamute. This was taken about 2 years ago so she's a bit wider now and also blind. She now has company with Jasper:

He is almost a year old now and is taller than her already

She is also still the boss!

Comment

here is Chug 3yr. old and our pup Chessie 12wks. old.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X