X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    started a topic Whatchadointoday?

Whatchadointoday?

Yes I know, the old 42 page thread is missing. It somehow got corrupted, and couldn't be saved.

So here's the start of another. If you had an interesting day, tell us about it.

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Hell I did , unfortunately had to go to the brother in law's funeral. On the way down seen enough auto casualties, meaning cars that were injured that anything else .

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Hope you made it back safely.

I spent a week there for business about 10 years ago already....

Loved the area, but was disappointed to the Houston space center. While it is all US space stuff and the tour of the control center was fun, the rest was underwhelming after having been to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson. Lots more about the history of rocketry and space exploration by all world powers.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Texas is in my opinion an interesting state . Family in Rockdale and another place near Tyler.

Leave a comment:

• 80 Aspen RT
    replied
    Heading back home to KS after a great weekend at the races in Houston !! First time to the Houston area, it was alot of fun !!!

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    I just spent $700 on getting the front axle done on the Colorado before it got hit. It has a funny front end setup that basically requires the whole hub assembly to be removed to get at the front discs. I guess that after 10 years and 150,000 on the originals, that's really not bad. The rears are still within spec and were only cleaned and adjusted.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Thanks . Right now my other truck's at the shop getting rear brakes put on it . I knew they were bad when the father in law changed the shoes out way,,,,,,,back when. Then having a hack shop work on it definitely got me looking at the independent shops a little closer .

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Two good things, the car is covered under a special warranty for the radio due to the buyback. Part is due tomorrow and I have a rental from the other driver's insurance company.

Just without MY cars for a bit...lol

Sorry to hear you lost a timing chain. The chebby Colorado I own has a light on for the what amounts to the timing chain guides wearing out and putting a little slop in the chain which affects the timing about 1.5 degrees, which is about 1 degree more than the computer allows for. Still runs well and gets about 22 mpg. Cheaper to replace the motor when the time comes than replace the chain and guides.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Bad car week for sure . My timing chain slipped on my truck and I had to get another motor . Could not see going through the headaches of pulling it apart just have an interference engine needing a new set of heads . Btw, it's not a mopar, but it's not a chebby either.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    <cricket chirping>

Man is it quiet in here. Last week was a bad week car wise.....the new car lost its radio, which isn't altogether a bad thing except that all the climate controls are displayed there and the truck was hit on the rear driver's side by a kid turning left a bit quicker than he should have.

Because the car was a buyback for the radio, it should still be covered and the kid's insurance isn't fighting me on the damages (adjuster said the kid said he was at fault since the wife was stopped at the time). The plus thing on the truck is that the tail light that is being replaced as delaminating and I've been wanting to replace it for a while and I told the wife that after nearly 10 years, I needed to pull the bed liner to clean out the drain plugs in the bed. The body shop is going to do that for me (yeah!!!). Sometimes I able to find a silver lining.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Finally supposed to be nicer this weekend. I got a smoker right after Christmas and used it to smoke a turkey breast and a rack of ribs. Finally supposed to be decent enough this weekend that I'm going to do another rack of ribs and a pork loin. Last rack I did was with cherry wood, I'm tossing between apple or hickory, although I have some peach wood as well.

Got a big Masterbuilt electric smoker. I can do 4 whole turkeys at once.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Originally posted by MoparMack View Post
    Good luck on the search!!! I don't envy you on this one.. I may be facing the same in the near future and I do not look forward to it...
    Well thank you . not 1 to wait till the last minute , then rush around ( that's a lie ) . I did find 1 ! But it doesn't come without stipulations . Has to remain in it's present location for 4 years while you make mortgage payment & lot payment. Just 1 more way to milk more money on it, and ,,,,,, should you move it before hand then he can sue for breech of contract. I've already been contacted by another entity about something else.

Leave a comment:

• MoparMack
    replied
    Good luck on the search!!! I don't envy you on this one.. I may be facing the same in the near future and I do not look forward to it...

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Hadn't been here for a day or 2 . Been thinking hard lately about getting in something a little newer since the damage of tornado December 1st. . Farmers didn't want to talk about anything else , just the roof . House farm's twisted , roof's lifted , kitchen ceiling's lifted, and all they wanted to talk about was the age of roof. Further damage was seen after I went to the basement to flip a breaker back on. At least 3 broken floor joists. I suppose that was my bad since i didn't do a full personal inspection. Nonetheless I decided I'd get something else and pull it in. Hoping I can get this done . Wish me luck !

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
    Apparently there is a small group of characters that try this kind of stuff to old cars on the internet. The vehicle in the picture seized up not quite immediately, but there was enough pressure that it was leaking flex seal pretty good. These same guys tried wd40 as motor oil with better success.
    rotflmao , seriously ?

Leave a comment:

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X