X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    started a topic Whatchadointoday?

Whatchadointoday?

Yes I know, the old 42 page thread is missing. It somehow got corrupted, and couldn't be saved.

So here's the start of another. If you had an interesting day, tell us about it.

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
    Apparently there is a small group of characters that try this kind of stuff to old cars on the internet. The vehicle in the picture seized up not quite immediately, but there was enough pressure that it was leaking flex seal pretty good. These same guys tried wd40 as motor oil with better success.
    rotflmao , seriously ?

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Apparently there is a small group of characters that try this kind of stuff to old cars on the internet. The vehicle in the picture seized up not quite immediately, but there was enough pressure that it was leaking flex seal pretty good. These same guys tried wd40 as motor oil with better success.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Now that's funny right there. I'll bet there are idiots who'd do it.
    Would not surprise me either.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Now that's funny right there. I'll bet there are idiots who'd do it.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    seen some dumb things on facebook, but this 1 takes the cake.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Hopefully he'll do OK. He is a low mileage user as he still has his first car with just a little over 80,000 miles (2004 Chebbie Cavalier). He bought it new right before his senior year of HS and still has it. He just said is was getting a little harder to get in and out of, especially with his nieces and nephew getting bigger and harder for them to get into as well.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Got the state return back yesterday, already applied to the loan on the new to us car we bought in December. Waiting on the Federal return.

Kind of back in the Mopar family, my son bought a used 2019 Jeep Cherokee over the weekend, so we have a Mopar back in the garage for the first time in nearly 10 years. I think he did OK with it, based on building the same vehicle again, he got it a 27% off of MSRP with 8500 miles on the odometer.
    Hope your son the best of luck with his new purchase. Personally. I don't think I'd buy another 1. Master cylinder went out. Grandson tried to help out and goes to the junkyard for parts. Can't to this day get his thinking down , but the item he got was the brake booster . Then couldn't understand why the brakes still didn't work ( smfh) . Went back about 1 month later and got the master cylinder. Bad choice . Never buy master cylinder from a junkyard. Took to a local yocal had him put a new MC on. Brakes were horrible. Took it back , came back the same. So ! Took it a notable dealership. Came out good ! Month & 1/2 later , brakes are garbage . Took it back last night . Got the word today . They found nothing wrong. P,,,,,O,,,,,,S dealership. Taking it to 1 more guy if he can't fix it , junkyard bound.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Got the state return back yesterday, already applied to the loan on the new to us car we bought in December. Waiting on the Federal return.

Kind of back in the Mopar family, my son bought a used 2019 Jeep Cherokee over the weekend, so we have a Mopar back in the garage for the first time in nearly 10 years. I think he did OK with it, based on building the same vehicle again, he got it a 27% off of MSRP with 8500 miles on the odometer.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    We'll be getting ours files sooner this year . I am not waiting till almost deadline date anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Got the taxes filed last night. I had to wait for the wife's w2. I've had mine since the first week of January. Nice to not wait for it to be postmarked the last day of Jan.

Getting about 300 less this year (combined state and Fed) than last year, but I've seen most of it during the year with less being withheld from the paycheck. That money will go to pay down her new vehicle. While I have a 5 - year loan, I don't want to pay for it for 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied

Still waiting on the wife's returns to get in.
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Wow.. Crickets in here as well as my other Mopar site.

Not much going on around here...Trying to keep everything on an even keel. Had to buy a new to us car in the last 6 weeks or so. Now I have car payments again for the first time in 6 years. Waiting for the wife's w2 so I can complete the tax return. I haven't had enough to itemize in the past 8-9 years, even with the moving expense from 2012-2013 tax years. It will be interesting to see what damage my refund takes (already spent on being applied to the new to us car).

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Originally posted by BK View Post
    Aw,,,,,,,,,,, shucks Dave ,,,,,,,,,, Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied

Leave a comment:

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...