Whatchadointoday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the state return back yesterday, already applied to the loan on the new to us car we bought in December. Waiting on the Federal return.

Kind of back in the Mopar family, my son bought a used 2019 Jeep Cherokee over the weekend, so we have a Mopar back in the garage for the first time in nearly 10 years. I think he did OK with it, based on building the same vehicle again, he got it a 27% off of MSRP with 8500 miles on the odometer.
    "You're only as old as the women you feel."
    -Groucho Marx
    Moparless for now

Comment

Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
      Got the state return back yesterday, already applied to the loan on the new to us car we bought in December. Waiting on the Federal return.

Kind of back in the Mopar family, my son bought a used 2019 Jeep Cherokee over the weekend, so we have a Mopar back in the garage for the first time in nearly 10 years. I think he did OK with it, based on building the same vehicle again, he got it a 27% off of MSRP with 8500 miles on the odometer.
      Hope your son the best of luck with his new purchase. Personally. I don't think I'd buy another 1. Master cylinder went out. Grandson tried to help out and goes to the junkyard for parts. Can't to this day get his thinking down , but the item he got was the brake booster . Then couldn't understand why the brakes still didn't work ( smfh) . Went back about 1 month later and got the master cylinder. Bad choice . Never buy master cylinder from a junkyard. Took to a local yocal had him put a new MC on. Brakes were horrible. Took it back , came back the same. So ! Took it a notable dealership. Came out good ! Month & 1/2 later , brakes are garbage . Took it back last night . Got the word today . They found nothing wrong. P,,,,,O,,,,,,S dealership. Taking it to 1 more guy if he can't fix it , junkyard bound.
      All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

Hopefully he'll do OK. He is a low mileage user as he still has his first car with just a little over 80,000 miles (2004 Chebbie Cavalier). He bought it new right before his senior year of HS and still has it. He just said is was getting a little harder to get in and out of, especially with his nieces and nephew getting bigger and harder for them to get into as well.
        -Groucho Marx
        Moparless for now

Comment

seen some dumb things on facebook, but this 1 takes the cake.

Comment

Now that's funny right there. I'll bet there are idiots who'd do it.
            -Groucho Marx
            Moparless for now

Comment

Now that's funny right there. I'll bet there are idiots who'd do it.
              Would not surprise me either.

Comment

Apparently there is a small group of characters that try this kind of stuff to old cars on the internet. The vehicle in the picture seized up not quite immediately, but there was enough pressure that it was leaking flex seal pretty good. These same guys tried wd40 as motor oil with better success.
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Apparently there is a small group of characters that try this kind of stuff to old cars on the internet. The vehicle in the picture seized up not quite immediately, but there was enough pressure that it was leaking flex seal pretty good. These same guys tried wd40 as motor oil with better success.
                  rotflmao , seriously ?

Comment

Hadn't been here for a day or 2 . Been thinking hard lately about getting in something a little newer since the damage of tornado December 1st. . Farmers didn't want to talk about anything else , just the roof . House farm's twisted , roof's lifted , kitchen ceiling's lifted, and all they wanted to talk about was the age of roof. Further damage was seen after I went to the basement to flip a breaker back on. At least 3 broken floor joists. I suppose that was my bad since i didn't do a full personal inspection. Nonetheless I decided I'd get something else and pull it in. Hoping I can get this done . Wish me luck !

Comment

Good luck on the search!!! I don't envy you on this one.. I may be facing the same in the near future and I do not look forward to it...
                      Mack Reeves
                      FS/C 2377
                      2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Originally posted by MoparMack View Post
                        Good luck on the search!!! I don't envy you on this one.. I may be facing the same in the near future and I do not look forward to it...
                        Well thank you . not 1 to wait till the last minute , then rush around ( that's a lie ) . I did find 1 ! But it doesn't come without stipulations . Has to remain in it's present location for 4 years while you make mortgage payment & lot payment. Just 1 more way to milk more money on it, and ,,,,,, should you move it before hand then he can sue for breech of contract. I've already been contacted by another entity about something else.

Comment

Finally supposed to be nicer this weekend. I got a smoker right after Christmas and used it to smoke a turkey breast and a rack of ribs. Finally supposed to be decent enough this weekend that I'm going to do another rack of ribs and a pork loin. Last rack I did was with cherry wood, I'm tossing between apple or hickory, although I have some peach wood as well.

Got a big Masterbuilt electric smoker. I can do 4 whole turkeys at once.
                          -Groucho Marx
                          Moparless for now

Comment

<cricket chirping>

Man is it quiet in here. Last week was a bad week car wise.....the new car lost its radio, which isn't altogether a bad thing except that all the climate controls are displayed there and the truck was hit on the rear driver's side by a kid turning left a bit quicker than he should have.

Because the car was a buyback for the radio, it should still be covered and the kid's insurance isn't fighting me on the damages (adjuster said the kid said he was at fault since the wife was stopped at the time). The plus thing on the truck is that the tail light that is being replaced as delaminating and I've been wanting to replace it for a while and I told the wife that after nearly 10 years, I needed to pull the bed liner to clean out the drain plugs in the bed. The body shop is going to do that for me (yeah!!!). Sometimes I able to find a silver lining.
                            -Groucho Marx
                            Moparless for now

Comment

Bad car week for sure . My timing chain slipped on my truck and I had to get another motor . Could not see going through the headaches of pulling it apart just have an interference engine needing a new set of heads . Btw, it's not a mopar, but it's not a chebby either.

Comment

Two good things, the car is covered under a special warranty for the radio due to the buyback. Part is due tomorrow and I have a rental from the other driver's insurance company.

Just without MY cars for a bit...lol

Sorry to hear you lost a timing chain. The chebby Colorado I own has a light on for the what amounts to the timing chain guides wearing out and putting a little slop in the chain which affects the timing about 1.5 degrees, which is about 1 degree more than the computer allows for. Still runs well and gets about 22 mpg. Cheaper to replace the motor when the time comes than replace the chain and guides.
                                -Groucho Marx
                                Moparless for now

Comment

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...