Whatchadointoday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pet copperhead
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Been real busy as of late...

While mowing 2 weekends ago, I found the brickmould on the door between the garage and the side yard was having the paint peeling. I went to replace it only to find that termites were involved, so after a bunch of demolition that involved siding and a new pre-hung door, I have that issue resolved and painted. In that process, I have had to move all the storage shelves from around the perimeter so they could treat the garage and house. Tossed a bunch of stuff I no longer need, but the wife said no more using the 3rd bay for storage, so we are having a 10x12 storage barn delivered and set up to get the mowers and a lot more of the stuff stored elsewhere so we can get 3 cars into a 3 car garage. The barn has the advantage of a 10X10 loft that is 56 inches high at the top, so once it gets delivered, I'll reorganize the garage.

I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks so I can dog sit the kids pets when they go ti Disney. During the time I have 2 bathrooms at my house that need new trim and paint. We have had stuff bleed through over the past 4 years (previous owner was a heavy smoker and the smoke is staining through after all the steamy showers). The trim had paint slopped on it by previous owners. So I will be busy. Not what I wanted to do on a vacation, but I have to burn at least 3 weeks by December. The problem of not using it I guess.
      "You're only as old as the women you feel."
      -Groucho Marx
      Moparless for now

Comment

Coach filled with water and secured for travel, air checked on Coach and trailer tires, Thug and Golf cart are loaded and strapped down, race and generator gas jugs are filled, limited amount of spare parts and supplies are attic of stacker.

Now I need to recover from near heat stroke, pack and load my clothes and personal crap, and shower then were ready for

Buster and Daves excellent adventure

to the Obnoxious Mustang Racer Nationals in Joliet. Will will leave at about 2pm to get under tomorrows Houston morning rush hour traffic with a five hour drive to Atlanta, TX for the night, and to load up on groceries and Lone Star beer.

Comment

Safe driving and good luck in Joliet!

Shed needed to be bigger than 10x12 but trying to keep it under the radar. The city requires permits for anything larger and with the easements and rights of way across my back yard, a permit would have required me to place the shed in a different part of the yard requiring even more hassle. After almost 6 years since we moved to Missouri and back, it is probably time to start getting rid of stuff we haven't used or needed.
          -Groucho Marx
          Moparless for now

Comment

Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
            Well, I may be going north for a funeral. My grandmother passed yesterday at the age of 98. As of this writing no services have been announced to anyone yet. My aunt and uncle wanted their siblings to have a say in what the funeral home is instructed to do.

I think I'll be making a road trip either way over the next few days.
            Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Condolences go out to you and the family. I know, this is late however I just now saw your post.

Comment

Thanks Cranky.

They had a funeral, but wouldn't tell my dad's family when or where, although I figured it out and had a chance to show up, I figured it wasn't worth the aggravation I'd cause myself.

Vacation next week!! Yeah, I get to paint 2 bathrooms and replace the trim in each. Not something I look forward to.
              -Groucho Marx
              Moparless for now

Comment

Just seen Dave's new upgrades . Nice pics
                All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

I've been sick for last three days. I hoping to recap tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                    I've been sick for last three days. I hoping to recap tomorrow.
                    Love to see & hear more

Comment

Why is it I always hear the darnedest things ? Okay ! I'm driving to work this morning and a reported chimes in say that Russia of all places has determined that women that have small breasts are in fact a birth defect of all things! However he did go on to say that there's only been a handful of complaints .

Comment

Been busy both at home and work lately.

I've been going to redo the front lawn as it really hasn't been lawn since I bought the house as a foreclosure. Killed the existing weeds and grass sprigs with roundup and waited the 2 weeks to get started on the new yard. With many days of rain forecast, I busted my rear getting the backyard scalped (not killed off due to house dog and not wanting a mud mess) and mowed the dead vegetation in the front. With the bagging mower, it took me nearly 3 house in 100 degree heat. I then rented an aerator and used it with 2 passes yet Friday night. Returned the unit first thing Saturday and got a vertislice machine to plant the seed into the soil. .....Well true to my life no rain through Monday morning, so I had to water. Gentle rains through yesterday morning all is well, until around 6-8:00 pm last night., 5 inches fell in in an hour and 45 minutes. I'mm waiting to see if I have any grass staring in the next week or so.
                        -Groucho Marx
                        Moparless for now

Comment

I have some washout, but a lot of grass popped up over the weekend. Now to just keep it growing!!!!
                          -Groucho Marx
                          Moparless for now

Comment

Been arguing with the wife as of late . I got some nugenics (sp) from GNC for a supplement/booster . She says steroid , I told her supplement. So I had to call my Dr. and get it straight from him. I was right ,lol. Some people.

Comment

Wife was diagnosed with a medical condition that requires us to change how and what we eat. So lots more veggies and fewer red meats (and much smaller portions) we're both losing some weight. I have technically been working on some weight loss since mid-November of last year. As of today, I'm officially down 31 pounds in 10 months.
                              -Groucho Marx
                              Moparless for now

Comment

sweet

Comment

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X