Whatchadointoday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatchadointoday?

Yes I know, the old 42 page thread is missing. It somehow got corrupted, and couldn't be saved.

So here's the start of another. If you had an interesting day, tell us about it.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I finally got the Thug ready to race.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
      Yes I know, the old 42 page thread is missing. It somehow got corrupted, and couldn't be saved.

So here's the start of another. If you had an interesting day, tell us about it.
      So you started all over with a new 1 eh ?
      All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

yup, seemed like the right thing to do

Comment

Sorry if I corrupted the old one.

We got over an inch of rain this weekend. While we still need more, it is the first really measurable precip in 6 months. Hopefully I can get the tomatoes planted this week. By averages they should have been in 2 weeks ago. It looks like the apples and blueberries are doing OK, despite the cold. Verdict is still out on the peaches. New flowers have come back out, so my fingers are crossed we'll get some this year.
          "You're only as old as the women you feel."
          -Groucho Marx
          Moparless for now

Comment

Well, I may be going north for a funeral. My grandmother passed yesterday at the age of 98. As of this writing no services have been announced to anyone yet. My aunt and uncle wanted their siblings to have a say in what the funeral home is instructed to do.

I think I'll be making a road trip either way over the next few days.
            -Groucho Marx
            Moparless for now

Comment

A lot going on at the shop, here's some of the goings on:

The Whale has been sanded as smooth as a baby's ass (so I've been told), and ready to go to Indiana to be wrapped into a new theme. I will be keeping the Texas/Confederate Battle Flag roof.

The Texas Thug went on it's first road trip yesterday. Easy for 2.5 miles and the wick turned up on the way back.

All that really is left is to sand the bumpers down and try that $300 a pint chrome paint.

My 46 Olds Street Rod is halfway finished having a new wiring kit installed.

Inspected and registered my Allante, Stacker, Geezerglide, Drifter, and the Genesis I'm giving my Daughter.

Mowed the five acres that the shop is on, including the wildflower meadow I let grow until May every year. While the wildflowers are dying off, the Cactus roses are blooming. Stopped to visit with Smith and Wesson's friends. They love chasing the Angus/Brahma/Brangus calves - much to the chagrin of their mothers.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Still don't know what the plans are for my grandmother, but I'll be mowing this afternoon along with getting the tomatoes in the garden (finally!) and off the kitchen table. They should have been in at least 2 weeks ago already. Otherwise not much else....
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Had a fairly good weekend , but still not the best yet. Went and picked up 2 BBM's, free. Yes,,,,,,,,, free. I also got a couple other little goodies as well. Manual steering box, and K'member . That was a bit of a let down , but not totally. It was suppose to be a BBM K-member , it wasn't , just a spool mount K-member. But still ! It was free. The motors ? unknown years mind you , but a 383 & tranny , and a 400. Man !!!!!!!! are they rough.

Comment

Going to mow this afternoon (1/2 day Fridays!!!) and spray some more weed killer on the dandelions. I'd like to get ahead of them so I can over seed the yard this fall. Between those and the bindweed, I don't have much lawn to speak of.

The blueberries are blooming well, so I'll have to get the bird netting up if I want any berries this year. The apples are doing well, but one tree didn't bloom, but I think it's because it is a red delicious cultivar and they take a year off every other or third year. I got lucky with the peaches, there will be some maybe...lol. I think between my freezing them in (coated them with ice) set back some of the buds enough that after the extreme late cold, they bloomed later. There are marble sized peaches on both trees, so come August hopefully, I'll have some nice peaches. I also need to start spraying those trees as well to keep the bugs down. I hate wormy apples and peaches.

-Groucho Marx
                    Moparless for now

Comment

Spent the day emptying a dozen carts of parts that need to be put away, crap that needed to be thrown out, and parts needing to go onto vehicles.

I put away stuff in the proper bin, in shipping containers, but I still have to spend a day sorting through stuff I have on the floor of each of four shipping containers.

As I was clearing off carts, I rolled them outside for my shop rat to wash.

Comment

Now that the Thug is mostly done, work has been redirected back to the Street Rod.

Right now focus is on installing a new wiring kit, power windows, gauges, door poppers, power door locks and other electrical components.

Still looking for a good interior shop.

Comment

The only thing left are the bumpers. I have a set of fiberglass bumpers and a $300 Easy Chrome kit. I had my Shop Rat wet sand and wash the bumpers for me, so I could paint the Easy Chrome on.

However, once i got the black base coat on, i noticed some flaws from the sanding job.

I ordered another can of the black base coat, so I can do it right. There won't be enough time between now and Dave Duell Classic to wet sand, prime with heavy solids, wet sand the primer, spray on base coat, let cure 48 hours, brush on chrome, let cure, spray on top coat, let cure, and then mount on car. So I bought some aluminum stock to make mounts, and I'll mount black bumpers Tuesday - and do it right after the DDC.

Also did a major detail job on car, and ordered the hood lip trim that classic Industries repops. I also want to clean and polish up the brake master cylinder before I lad up next Thursday.

Comment

Weekend didn't go quite as planned. While I did get the yard work accomplished on Friday, Saturday was spent replacing some fiberboard siding that had been bugging me for a while. I figure when mushrooms are growing out of it, it is time. I had been putting it off as it was the area behind the central A/C and where the sump pump comes out from the basement. Replace 5 length equivalents and caulked them ready for paint in 5 hours start to finish. Then on Sunday painted the siding to match the house. While the color is an exact match (I only repainted it 2 years ago), you can tell where I painted when you look across it due to paint shine on the new paint. While the fiberboard came off and was damp, the sheathing underneath was fine.

Now I have a railing to get installed on the front porch. We have most of that purchased, but that's an easier project.
                            -Groucho Marx
                            Moparless for now

Comment

Had a fairly good weekend , but still not the best yet. Went and picked up 2 BBM's, free. Yes,,,,,,,,, free. I also got a couple other little goodies as well. Manual steering box, and K'member . That was a bit of a let down , but not totally. It was suppose to be a BBM K-member , it wasn't , just a spool mount K-member. But still ! It was free. The motors ? unknown years mind you , but a 383 & tranny , and a 400. Man !!!!!!!! are they rough.

This was last week sometime

Comment

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X