Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatchadointoday

Group's version of the old thread in the Corner Tavern Forum
    My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

I've spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday redoing this site until early in the morning, not getting much sleep. I again work on the site from 8am until noon, then I headed to the shop, which is about a 45 minute drive. Check on my in laws, went through about 10 boxes from Amazon and Harbor Freight that came in, and put the stuff in them away, and the set up a pair of air hoses that connect to the fitting under the door of my Gooseneck, to my trailer air compressor.
    gn03.jpg

I run an air hose from compressor under the trailer, with a female coupler to plug air hose into, mounted under the door.

I was fixin to change the oil and both hydraulics on my Zero turn (have 58 hours) - but started to feel Queasy and dizzy. It was 91 degrees, I had eaten lunch, hadn't had much sleep, have lost 11 pounds in last week, and recently had a medicine change - so I figure a combination of all of that.

Anyway I went home, showered, got something to eat, and have been on my tablet (see thread in computer group) working on this site while watching news and now the Astros.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I've planned on working from home - hopefully to create a couple of darker Viewing Styles. I generally now go to shop on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday -- and my wife goes out there Tuesday and Saturday to keep an eye on and help her parents (in their 80s), who live in my Barnaminium next to the shop.

Ok, so this s the new thread picking up where the old one left off.
    My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Bumpity, bump, bump, bump, just trying to keep up .
      All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

I have been in Okeechobee Monday and Tuesday.. Gotten a lot of showers from the tropical wavy moving up the East coast... Will be heading back North tomorrow.. Hopefully to get stuff ready for bracket racing on Saturday in Gainesville...
        Mack Reeves
        FS/C 2377
        2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Been busy as our computer tech left. Once I got back from vacation, much of my time has been in doing his job.

We have been interviewing and hopefully HR will get us the rest of the interview schedule soon as I want to go back to napping!!! LOL
          "You're only as old as the women you feel."
          -Groucho Marx
          Moparless for now

Comment

14322590_10207049856780580_2016029639684397752_n.jpg14317368_10207049856740579_2080140650671345722_n.jpgMowed five acres, Agent Oranged anything green in concrete or bottom ash, and worked on transferring Inlaws' mutual fund to my broker.

Fixing to go to dinner with Dallas and his wife.

Comment

Dallas is coming to shop to help me for a couple hours. Need to get New oil pan on the Whale, pull the trans pump to inspect, an hopefully get back into car if all is well. Take a ride with me in Vitamin C to see if it sounds right to him.

Comment

Good news ! Finally got the 318 block to the machine shop last week . Call/texted today and asked what the finish hone was so I could order the engine kit . Got that done . Gotta get him paid then grab the main caps to him to get it aligned honed for the crank and the 4-bolt caps on also have to cut the thrust bearing cap . Gonna be fun !!!!

Well that was posted a few days ago . Update ;

Ordered my engine kit Thursday evening . Can't wait for the assembly to take off . Stroke difference from 1 crank to the other is better than 1/4" . I wanna see how this is gonna work out .

Comment

Monday, back on the road again... Traveling to Valdosta Ga for a visit with my large farm there... Will be there until app noon on Tuesday.. Going back home and making it a short week... Next week I have to leave on Sunday and won't get home until the next Saturday... Then a short week the next week... At least the weather should be cooler in Chicago... That will feel great!!!! I love Summer weather but about this time I'm ready for some cooler weather... Especially this summer since I spent most of it in the air at home. But, it will change at home sooner or later....
                  Mack Reeves
                  FS/C 2377
                  2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

OMG , this so humiliating I can't believe I didn't check the stupid casting numbers myself . Guess what ? Got a call/text from my machinist today . He said Hey !!!!!!!! you got the wrong pistons !!!!!! You have a 360 block , and you got 318-.040 pistons !!! I said said " WHAT ????? " . after a couple texts back & fourth the project was put on hold . I made a call . Hey Harry ! Ya know that 318 I got from ya ? Guess what ? It's a 360 , not a 318 . Got any 318's ?????? He said he should have a couple laying around . I said Cool !!!! I'll be stopping by in a couple days to get it . We did not have a good day today .

Comment

We were under a heat advisory today. Hit 100 in Beasley, 110 Feels Like.

It was over 100 in the shop all day.
                      • Fixed the Well
                      • Shipped a carburetor and a heater control assembly
                      • Changed the Oil in Zero Turn
                      • Changed The Hydrostat oil and filters in Zero Turn, Royal PITA!
                      • Mowed five acres
                      • Clean up the shop some
                      • Checked Fluorescent lights in pantry that my Father in law is obsessed over
                      • Stayed at shop until daughter got home, as her Jeep started acting up and I had to standby in case I had to get with truck and trailer
                      I'm absolutely whipped

Tomorrow I need to
                      • take Jeep to shop and see what codes are, and fix
                      • make a Post Office run
                      • put diaper on Vitamin C
                      • See why Vitamin C leans a little to right, always has, and fix
                      • Put in gooseneck trailer, after I move open trailer, for Denton race next week
                      • Put flex plate on whale and put ten quarts of oil in engine

Comment

Flexplate on Whale, looked over suspension on Vitamin C and did a little this and that.

Comment

Still trudging away . Got my motor kit today . Ordered my SFI balancer yesterday , so it'll be here in 2 /3 days . Got several feelers out beating the bushes for a teen . Offered a friend to pay half on a car for the teen in it . We'll see what happens . Contacted a guy that I went & looked at his '66 Belvdere a while back about the '73 teen he's got . I'm not about to give up . Not this time .

Comment

Taking wife to Medical Center today for eye surgery. Will need to stay home for next seven days to care for her, so I'll be converting NSSRacing.com as it keeps getting hacked.

Comment

Well ,,,,,,,,, Mother Mopar gave me the wink today . I got a 318 coming next Friday . I'll be getting the other parts that I was lacking for the build as well . Once again we're headed in the right direction .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X