Outfitting My Gooseneck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfitting My Gooseneck

I have an enclosed gooseneck, which I believe is a 33' of floor and 39' overall. It' nothing special. Heavy steel instead of aluminum, racer package and a manual crank - which I need to figure out how to change. I was a ew but end of year deal that I picked up in Indy a few years ago. I really only use it on races close enough to where I can sleep in trailer - or transporting a car.

I've been outfitting to fit my needs. I'll post updates in this thread on the chance it might give others ideas. If you've been doing the same with your trailer, why not create your wn thread in this group so others and I might find something we need to do.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

So the first thing I did was to score a Harbor Freight rolling toolbox when a Super coupon hit my email.

I sawed the legs off for scrap metal (a piece used for an outside air hose fitting), threw the caster in my spare wheel bin, and used the bottom pan for my winch/air compressor pan. what was left was bolted on the attic - just behind my bench.

I also mounted an e-track on the wall and an e-track trailer spare tire mount

Comment

As started above, I used the pan from the toolbox to mount the Harbor Freight 12000# ($299 with super Coupon) on a plate, a Harbor Freight air compressor ($39 Super Coupon), and a Marine battery in a Taylor box for winch. 00 Cables.

I installed another recessed D-Ring in center of floor for snatch pulley to center winch cable.

I have that same Badlands winch in my stacker, on my open trailer, and in that white stacker with flames I use to have. Great fricken value on a winch that's never let me down, and costs less than a 400# Super winch. I'm sure the 9000# would have been more than enough, but twice a year these 12000# go on sale for same price.

as previously mentioned, I used a piece f one of the toolbox legs to mount an air hose fitting outside under the door, with the air line running under the floor. Makes it easier than this old fat man carrying the tank around the car. I've since had to make another hose up as SHRA has us pit in back of trailer

Comment

I then bought some polished Diamond Plate on Ebay and glued and screwed to floor so hot tires wouldn't wrinkle vinyl floor. I've also added another pair of D-Rings since photos.

Mounted a couple Rubber Maid utility tracks on curb side wall rear to hold extension cords, blower, broom...

Pit Pal strap holder for Macs Straps, wall cabinet (never had luck mounting on door), and a floor jack pouch.

Comment

although not pictured in photos yet, I added a three jug holder in attic, double helmet rack next to door cabinet, and air hose holder above compressor

Comment

The generator I use for the trailer is a Honda EU2000 portable. It is real quiet, the power is conditioned through an inverter, runs for hours on very little gas (8 hours when a couple times I lost the inverter on my last motorhome and I had to power my CPAP when sleeping) and its portable so I can take with me in stacker in case the motor generator ever crapped out on me. The generator is also part of my Prepper Bug Out plan if we ever had to book because of a disaster. When I return from a race i use it to charge my trailer batteries until it runs out of gas, as to not gum up carb.

And speaking of batteries... I've learned from Motorhoming that an inverter off batteries is better than a constantly running a generator.

I installed two more Deep Cycle batteries in generator compartment and ted them to the battery that was powering the winch, and have a trickle charger that charges all three.

They power the inverter on work bench, which powers my notebook/weather station during the day and my Cpap at night if I sleep in trailer. It can also power the air compressor. The only time I have the generator on is when I'm charging the car. At the same time I'll plug the charger to the trailer batteries in. to top them off, and make sure compressor has 100#s air. As soon as car s charged I turn generator off and run off inverter.

Comment

I bought a larger solar panel and regulator with yet another Super coupon, but have yet to climb on the roof an install. Not a real big deal at the moment as I plug the trailer in at the shop, and now have the trailer stored covered. I might have enough sunlight if I mount on front or trailer.

Comment

Also not yet done is a radio installation, although I've bought the parts to do it.

Comment

also on the list to make the trailer better
                  • a street side pole mount fr weather station with a weather tight compartment for the passed through USB cable
                  • A fold up couch bed for street side wall. I have a cot and a sleeping bag, but I really need a more comfortable situation. I have to sleep in trailer because t would break Buster's old heart if I went racing without him. He's on borrowed time and I want him to have the best time of his life, and going racing is his favorite thing besides going to the shop with me and swimming.
                  • I really need to find an electric jacking conversion, as the trailer's crank is a single speed and wears me out cranking on it. If you can roll me a bone - I'm listening

Comment

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X