Torque Wrenches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Wrenches

Did you know that you are to reset your torque wrench back to zero prior to putting away?

In all honesty I didn't know that, and pass this along not to show I'm a Dumbass, but to maybe help others. Not zeroing out wears out spring and gives bab readings.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Honestly I did know this... Many years ago when I bought my first torque wrench ( I don't even remember what brand it was.. Something cheap I expect) anyway, in the box was a postcard size message that told the same thing... When finished return to zero... I took that to heart and still today do it every time I use one.. Never thought to pass that on.. Good info BK.......
    Mack Reeves
    FS/C 2377
    2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Shows that you can teach an old man new tricks, as I'd never heard that and terrible about reading postcards
      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Yup. Known it for years. Do you know why you should return it to zero? I loaned my clicker to the neighbor across the street many years ago and told him to do that even if was just over night. Well, he went out of town and I had this feeling that he left it sitting under the hood of his pos pickup which was parked under his carport with the hood up. At least it wasn't totally out in the weather. Anyway, I went over there and sure enough, it was still cranked up so I took it home, put it on 0 and never said a word to him. To this day he hasn't said a word either. He's also one that thinks it's ok to run over extension cords and split one that he borrowed. I don't load anything to him anymore...

Comment

Visitor

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X