Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 150 USD, Received: 30 USD (20%)
Any help with the $200+ per month expenses of maintaining MoparStyle will be greatly appreciated

Thread: Brewer bb cylinder heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brewer bb cylinder heads

Has anyone had any experience with BREWER heads? These are full race only capable of 500 CFM as a inline wedge!

MoparStyle Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dvorak View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with BREWER heads? These are full race only capable of 500 CFM as a inline wedge!
    Hey Dan! These are an enigma. Brewer was undoubtably an AMC head genius and made these heads using AMC Pro/Stock technology. Now he must be on the FBI's wanted list, 'cause you ain't finding him under "Fred Brewer Sales" on the internet! No experience myself, but Eric Shelton was running them in the very early '90s on his attempt at a P/S Daytona, which ran really good, BTW. They were wild looking, and he had clear lexan valve cover "windows" to see the rockers! Saw them at Commerce, and have only heard a little about them since on the "net" and in Chuck Senatore's (Muscle Motors) book. Contact Eric Shelton thru his website and/or Chuck at Muscle Motors, with your clout, they'll talk to you about them I'm sure! (PS: Still running my "Econoport" 516 heads you did for my 406 "B" ages ago, and using your 11/32" stem valves and beefy rocker shafts and hardware on my bigger stuff! Thanks!) RB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear that someone else has heard of them! I have 3 brand new heads, all the valves, single 4 manifold plus two "practice heads" unfinished for anyone thinking about the best possible wedge effort possible. No fooling, w/ 2.300" valve I got 477 CFM @ .800. (don't click on this!)I had to turn off the Air, lights and un-plug the coke machine! Brewer got mad as hell and sent me two flow sheets that showed 505 and 511. He thought my bench short changed him. On paper I dont see it being possible with a side-by-side valve wedge...but it's real! The valves are about 7" long and the chambers are 42CC.

I do those 516 heads better these days! Thanks for remembering. Dan- DVORAK MACHINE

MoparStyle Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What kinda' money would it take to get them ready to run, and is all that stuff still supported enough to KEEP it running? I have resisted Brodix/Koffel B1 and Indy 572-13 dreams for just such a setup, but I do have a mortgage to pay and a repair shop to run! LOL What's new with the 516s nowadays? On another forum (BB Dart, or something like that...) somebody called them "scrap" and worthless, when you seemed to like them way back then. I used them to get a little quench with my small CID 406, and they work great! I upped the camshaft a bit last freshening, when I moved it from a Duster (3100lb) to a Gremlin (!) axle-car (2600lb). Went from 251/256@.050-108LSA to 268/274@.050-106LSA, both with .548" lift (like you said!), because the Gremlin is a nostalgia car that really just has to SOUND wicked and match race with other oddities in our Gasser club...

Post Thanks / Like

RB

I want $3500 for 3 New heads and 2 practice heads, 16 New valvea and an intake manif (BAD ASS) Figure $3000 to fully port (big job) or maybe you can get it done cheaper? But for now, $3500 gets you a lot of stuff. ANYONE HAVE ANY INTEREST. Fred claims 1200HP @ 526 cubic inches w/ tunnel ram!

Any thoughts about talking 440S ?

DVORAK

MoparStyle Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RB

I want $3500 for 3 New heads and 2 practice heads, 16 New valvea and an intake manif (BAD ASS) Figure $3000 to fully port (big job) or maybe you can get it done cheaper? But for now, $3500 gets you a lot of stuff. ANYONE HAVE ANY INTEREST. Fred claims 1200HP @ 526 cubic inches w/ tunnel ram!

Any thoughts about talking 440S ?

DVORAK
    Can you send some digital pics to my Email? I would like to see the stuff, and esp. the manifold, all I have ever seen is sheetmetal ones...

The Jesel/T&D rockers and pushrods will cost almost as much as your castings and valves! LOL! I gotta see if they're still available...

The 440Source chat is OK, here or new thread, you can start one or I will, no biggie...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I will send them to your e-mail. I wish I could figure how to get pix on this site. I have some VERY interesting stuff for some.

The manifold is CAST! Wait until you see it.

DVORAK

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I will send them to your e-mail. I wish I could figure how to get pix on this site. I have some VERY interesting stuff for some.

The manifold is CAST! Wait until you see it.

DVORAK
    you just need to use a hosting service such as photobucket and then just copy and paste the image code which you will find after click share after the pics have been upload to photobucket. sounds complicated but it's easy once you do it a time or 2. above the quick response box at the bottom of this page you see some icon's just above the blank spot whre you type the next to the last one is what you click to paste the image code. then your pics will show up provided they are sized properly.
    Last edited by barracuda7199; 06-02-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    71 Barracuda 440 727
    (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

2010 BAD POSTER OF THE YEAR Old_Demon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MoparStyle Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan, for all the info and knowledge! You have done so much for the MoPar crowd, please keep posting the "TRUTH" on these forums!!! That HEMI looks deadly in your back room, by the way!!! RB

Thread Information