Announcement

Collapse

Yo Moderators & Admins!

Please Check Threads in Moderator Group

Click the Non-Mopar Topic tab in the Navbar, go to Moderator Group, and find thread where I need to update your email address.
See more
See less

Correct rod Part numbers, SB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct rod Part numbers, SB

hi, does anyone familiar with SB rod Part #s know what i should have here?

I have just pulled down a 318, it was a late model replacement engine (cast 1984 and assembled 1993) and the rods are part # 3418645 (pressed pin and cast crank)

The 1971 340 i have just pulled apart has the same part number rods but full floating pins as 340's do. It is a forged steel crank engine.

I have another set of 340 rods (full floating) i bought off ebay, along with another set of 318 rods, they are all the same 3418645 part number.

i thought that 340 had a heavier rod with a different part number? I know the 360 does.

Anyone with a book that tells what the part numbers should be for which engine, or if they changed through the years?

Thanks,

318s went to the heavier rods in '73.
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Thanks, although someone else said it was 74. What i do know for sure is that with Mopar, Nothing written is 100% gospel in reality when it comes to part numbers.

Comment

For what it is worth the numbers that you are reading on the rod is not the part number. It is a casting number. The same casting is used for different applications with slight variance possible for teh diferent intended useage. Like the pressed pin/floating rods mentioned above used the same casting number rods but the part numbers are different.
        2 TIME (soon to be 3 time) 1000+ member EAGLES CLUB PRES.
        "PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE"

Comment

Working...
        X