Announcement

Collapse

Yo Moderators & Admins!

Please Check Threads in Moderator Group

Click the Non-Mopar Topic tab in the Navbar, go to Moderator Group, and find thread where I need to update your email address.
See more
See less

Newbie A body guy here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie A body guy here!

Just purchased a 72 Demon 340 4 speed car. It was a 3 speed manual but now has a 4 speed (still have original 3 speed). It has matching numbers motor. it was originally GY8 gold with white bench seat, now has
    black bucket interior. Does this sound like someones old Demon? Let me know! I'm looking for a Thermoquad 6138s carb for it if anyone knows of one kicking round!
    Buy American!
    71 Demon 340
    09 Challenger R/T

Originally posted by Demonator72
    Just purchased a 72 Demon 340 4 speed car. It was a 3 speed manual but now has a 4 speed (still have original 3 speed). It has matching numbers motor. it was originally GY8 gold with white bench seat, now has
    black bucket interior. Does this sound like someones old Demon? Let me know! I'm looking for a Thermoquad 6138s carb for it if anyone knows of one kicking round!

Welcome to Style, Demonator!

Lots of A-body guys around here, so post away.....we like pictures, too!

Would this be what you are looking for????

http://www.moparstyle.com/classified...ct/136/cat/500

Here is something else you might need, too:

http://www.moparstyle.com/classified...uct/62/cat/500

http://www.moparstyle.com/classified...uct/68/cat/500

http://www.moparstyle.com/classified...uct/67/cat/500

Where are you located??

Comment

Yes

I'm in South Carolina. I would like that carb if ya still have it. give me a shout on my cell if you want 704-737-0577
      Last edited by Demonator72; 03-03-2009, 06:59 PM.
      Buy American!
      71 Demon 340
      09 Challenger R/T

Comment

Welcome to Style........
        340 Swinger

Comment

Thanks man! I hope to learn alot about A bodys specifically, My wife thinks I'm nuts but I really dig the old iron.
          Buy American!
          71 Demon 340
          09 Challenger R/T

Comment

Don't worry about what the wife thinks lol Welcome to the site!

Comment

welcome!! we love pictures and you are at an awesome site!!! sounds like a sweet demon!!
              71 Barracuda 440 727
              (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Comment

Yes I'm excited bout the Demon since they are getting so rare! Its not running 100% yet I need to do some tuning up! I think I need to replace/rebuild the thermoquad!
                Buy American!
                71 Demon 340
                09 Challenger R/T

Comment

Yeah, like Cranky said , don't worry about the wife ...ha..ha. Mine thinks I'm nuts too and that I spend to much time on here but she knows where to find me .....
                  340 Swinger

Comment

Welcome to the Style! I bought a new '72 Demon 340 with a 3 speed back in 1971, hemi orange with black bench seat interior. I did change the 3 speed out to a 4 speed, was a great little car! I regret having gotten rid of it, like I do so many of my cars over the years.

I'm restoring a '72 340 4-speed Demon now, hope to have it on the road in the next 2-3 months.
                    The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                    ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Demon.
                      1970 Dodge Challenger and 1973 Dodge Dart Sport

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yeah mine was originally a bench seat 3 speed car as well. I need to rebuild the carb. Seems most of the linkage on pasenger side of carb(choke side) is missing! Not well versed in Thermoquads so it'll be a learning curve unless I find a NOS one!
                        Buy American!
                        71 Demon 340
                        09 Challenger R/T

Comment

Originally posted by Demonator72 View Post
                          Thanks everyone! Yeah mine was originally a bench seat 3 speed car as well. I need to rebuild the carb. Seems most of the linkage on pasenger side of carb(choke side) is missing! Not well versed in Thermoquads so it'll be a learning curve unless I find a NOS one!

Demonator.....you have a PM!

I would be glad to help with the Thermoquad, so here is a good start:

http://www.carburetor.ca/Tech/Carter...de-Vaanth.html

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/L.../290/index.htm

Next question is.....do you have the original manifold and carb? There is very little in the line of choke linkage, only the choke well unit, and the arm going to the carb. (One Piece).

The first thing to remember about setting up a Tquad is that ALL linkage adjustments depend on the initial choke height setting.....and ALL must be done IN ORDER according to the service manual!

Thermoquads are the best carbs for general street performance, throttle response, and fuel mileage!!

Comment

Welcome Demonator72. Sounds like a nice w.i.p.car. There's a wealth of knowledge here,so don't worry about asking alot of questions that you may not know the answers to. I'm with the rest.Don't worry about the wife.You're doing something constructive and it sounds like you have a gem of a car. Visit the site often when you can,and please post some pics of your Demon if possible. We like to see other member's Mopars.
                            sigpic
                            '79 Pro-Street Volare Premiere~365~8 3/4 w 4:56
                            Trans and converter W.I.P.

Just say "NO" to Meat Glue

Comment

R body Mopar

I have original carb 6138s and intake, I also have an 6139 in pieces (for 340 auto) that was in a bag in the trunk. I would like to buy your 6138s if you have it so I dont have to fool around with trying to rebuild this one!
                              Buy American!
                              71 Demon 340
                              09 Challenger R/T

Comment

Working...
                              X