Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score...I think. Old timing light.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Score...I think. Old timing light.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/310549910557...84.m1497.l2649

    These old timing lights are supposed to be right up there with the higher dollar units like the MSD 8990 light. Used to have one but have no idea where it went. It's been gone so long that I can't remember if someone borrowed it or what.....

  • #2
    Want 2 more just like it? It will take a few days...or weeks to get to that tool box...but they are there...Not sure about the papers an box though..
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

    Member USCCA

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool. I got one of those old Sears units a long time back at a garage sale. It's still working.
      His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
      2006 Dodge 2500 CTD


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cranky
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/310549910557...84.m1497.l2649

        These old timing lights are supposed to be right up there with the higher dollar units like the MSD 8990 light. Used to have one but have no idea where it went. It's been gone so long that I can't remember if someone borrowed it or what.....

        Congrats, Cranky......but I'm surprised that you bought it......there just weren't enough pictures.............. Lol!

        I have an old Sears light, with dial-in advance.......and it still works great!!! :yeah that:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
          Want 2 more just like it? It will take a few days...or weeks to get to that tool box...but they are there...Not sure about the papers an box though..
          Sure! My nephew would appreciate one and won't hurt to have a spare between us.

          Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
          Congrats, Cranky......but I'm surprised that you bought it......there just weren't enough pictures.............. Lol!

          I have an old Sears light, with dial-in advance.......and it still works great!!! :yeah that:
          I have an old 2194 dial back and checked it against my old light and it was on the money with it until about 2000 rpm.....but it wasn't too far off. Some lights go out earlier in the rpm range and are 10+ degrees off by 6500. And yeah, not enough pics! Dangit....
          Last edited by Cranky; 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            That's the light I still use!

            I also have one of the older Craftsman lights with the "spring" thingys you put on the spark plug and connect to the light. It still works great, but I use the inductive one 'cause it's easier to use.
            The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

            "Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
            ~Ted Nugent

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cranky View Post
              Sure! My nephew would appreciate one and won't hurt to have a spare between us.
              Give me some time to get in there.. I have 2 Polaris Utility 4 wheelers back to back that have way to much junk piled as much as 4 ft high on them to move.. Trying to put 2 14x10 sheds back to back to house the 4 wheelers ..mowers and "junk".. Soon as I get them moved I can get to that Craftsman toolbox.. It has all the ole skool stuff in it ..Friend passed before he could get it out...and it has been sittin there untouched next to the old racing tool boxes since 1993. Bet the handles on those snap-ons are rotted off by now..
              9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

              Member USCCA

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah..4 ft tall..More like 6 1/2.. Not lookin forward to it..but then again..I am going to make a huge list of "stuff" and if someone wants it..just pay the shipping




                How bout an old SunTune...I replaced the fuse for the bulb back in 83

                9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

                Member USCCA

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've got one. A rarely used piece of equipment these days. I better show my grandson how it works.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I want an old Sun Engine Scope.

                    -Dave
                    Please Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Got a distributor machine stacked in there?
                      www.diamondbackengines.com Yes we're still open

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fugly View Post
                        Got a distributor machine stacked in there?
                        Now that I would love to have... We had one in autoshop in high school. I should have stolen it when I graduminated.
                        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There used to be a guy near me that had a shop with the dist-tra-buter machine that we went to. Not sure if he's still there or not.

                          And Mutt, I know what it's like to not be able to get to stuff lol. I'm still pulling stuff out. I woke up early this morning and decided to clean out my desk and found all kinds of forgotten junk....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GTSDave View Post
                            I want an old Sun Engine Scope.

                            -Dave
                            Originally posted by Fugly View Post
                            Got a distributor machine stacked in there?
                            Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                            Now that I would love to have... We had one in autoshop in high school. I should have stolen it when I graduminated.

                            At the Mopar dealership where I worked, we had a Sun distributor machine; it was used on every tune-up ever done there for years......worked great! We also had a Sun Engine Analyzer with scope, leakdown tester, engine exhaust analyzer, etc.

                            A few years ago, the dealership went out of business......and everything in the shop was sold at auction, probably for pennies, but I didn't even go to the auction........I have enough junk already, and I just knew I would probably buy everything in sight! They had parts and equipment stashed away all over the place, some of it dating back to the 1930's!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
                              At the Mopar dealership where I worked, we had a Sun distributor machine; it was used on every tune-up ever done there for years......worked great! We also had a Sun Engine Analyzer with scope, leakdown tester, engine exhaust analyzer, etc.

                              A few years ago, the dealership went out of business......and everything in the shop was sold at auction, probably for pennies, but I didn't even go to the auction........I have enough junk already, and I just knew I would probably buy everything in sight! They had parts and equipment stashed away all over the place, some of it dating back to the 1930's!!
                              Dang....I have too much junk too but man, to be able to have a chance at a dealership with stuff going back that far.....wow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X