Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke the Viper......

chit...dbl chit.
    took it to the SCCA regional in Houston. First run out, I noticed the steering was very heavy on the last part of the course. Made it back to the pits and the serpentine belt had flown off. A couple of guys help me put it back on, but upon doing so noticed the PS pulley was wobbly... seems the pulley is a composite plastic, pressed unto a metal shaft. The plastic started slipping, the belt flies off... chit.

$125.00 tow home (from a buddy with a wrecker) , need to find something better for a pulley. freakin plastic chit. Betcha it was made in China.
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Are you kidding me! A super car with a plastic pulley? Sorry for your trouble.

Comment

It looks like this place has you covered. They seem pretty proud of it though.

http://www.ipsco.org/Viper_files/Viper%20Power%20Steering%20Pump%20Pulley.htm
      The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

I replaced mine before 2000 mikes. The only two things I've replaced is that and a battery.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Make sure the tensioner is working properly too.....that's a common thing on any of the new cars with the snake belts.

Comment

I ordered the one from IPSCO as it seems they are the guys who machine them. Evidently this is a big problem with dodge products, not just the viper. I also got the bracket as they say it will break next. I tried to find a replacement metal one, but no one will say if they are metal..
            His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
            2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

yeah ipsco is the place to buy it. do the bracket too... they break easy too.
              Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Working...
              X