1940 plymouth coupe steering problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 plymouth coupe steering problems

1940 plymouth coupe , 94 or 95 dakota sub frame , 360 auto , having trouble figuring out how to make a 45-90 degree turn in steering rod, it has the rack@pinion front steer and the stub from the rack is pointing out toward front fender and a little forward ,does any body make a small 45 or 90 degree 1 to 1 ratio gear box , or have any ideas to at least get it pointed toward the firewall ,it points out under the number one cyl header, in a normal dakota it points out between 5 an 7 at least it is in my 97 dakota , any help would b greatly appreciated , thanks

Man if anyone does, it might be speedway who would have it or tell you what to use.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

guy I bought my car from is doing a 55 Dodge truck body onto a 95 I think Dakota frame. might ask him. Russ @ 1968GTX440@rogers.com good luck
      Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
      "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
      I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Thats my Email curt! LOL!! Russ @ jolly37c@icloud.com
        yea think it is a 95 dakota with a 04 hemi going in with a 55 dodge on top!

have another friend up hear doing a 56 Fargo on a dakota frame with an early hemi!
        you might asak him too
        Tom wthibb@gmail.com

Comment

Is it possible to use a steering shaft setup like the Dakota uses?

Comment

Working...
          X