No announcement yet.

BFG White Letter Out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're a typical jeep owner and your jeep will never be off road, or every once in a while visit someone with a dirt/gravel driveway, you could install them white side out. If you're like me and use the jeep off road, then you won't be happy with how your white raised lettering will look after one time out.

Also, if you live in an area where you parallel park next to curbs, the white lettering will look bad in a very short time.

Comment

I can parallel park without polishing the curb but my wife can't go through a drive through without polishing the curbs therefore, the white lettering is in on her Durango.

Comment

I like the white letter look but my current truck has blackwalls and I havent missed cleaning the WL at all.

Now, if you want a GREAT cleaner for whitewalls, engines, and anything else, go to Dollar Tree in the cleaner section and pick up some stuff called AWESOME. It comes in a semi-clear bottle with red lettering. This stuff is, well, AWESOME!!

I have been using it for years and I buy it 20 bottles at a time when I go to get it because I keep plenty on hand. Everyone I have recommended it to loves it.

If you have whitewalls or white letters, you spray it on and you can see the dirt dissolving.

I was told Wal-Mart carries it too but I havent verified that yet.
        In memory of Sgt. Frank Stephens Jr.
        Mission accomplished 12-05-2008

Support our soldiers www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Haven't installed yet, but sticking with black out. It'll look better and I won't have to worry about dirty white letters.
          2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
          Far from stock

Comment

Far from stock

Comment

I would go with white letters out......that's just too black.

Comment

Yeah, on that the white letters would set it off. I have them in on our black Durango but the wheels are not blacked out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDart View Post
                  I would go with white letters out......that's just too black.
                  Yea I like the white out too!

Comment

I don't scrape my Jeep's tires on curbs and I wash the dirt and crud off the tires. Don't mud so most of the dirt ends up in the wells rather than on the tires. Personally crappy looking white letters bothers me less than looking under a vehicle and seeing white letters. Not everyone's like that though.

I never had stock tires on it. Started with 245/70/16s. Then 255/75/17s. (Wrangler take-offs) Now 265/70/17s. It sees about 10k a year. Finally started using synthetic before I put the 255s on. Good thing with the miles it racks up.
                    Last edited by 270SE; 02-18-2014, 10:09 PM.
                    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
                      I don't scrape my Jeep's tires on curbs and I wash the dirt and crud off the tires. Don't mud so most of the dirt ends up in the wells rather than on the tires. Personally crappy looking white letters bothers me less than looking under a vehicle and seeing white letters. Not everyone's like that though.

I never had stock tires on it. Started with 245/70/16s. Then 255/75/17s. (Wrangler take-offs) Now 265/70/17s. It sees about 10k a year. Finally started using synthetic before I put the 255s on. Good thing with the miles it racks up.
                      Pictures? What kind of Jeep do you have?
                      Anyways, so far I've put on 100 miles or so and the Jeep rides nice. Not much more road noise, but it drives straight as can be. I'm sure the alignment helped, too.
                      Far from stock

Comment

Originally posted by Gageraid View Post
                        Pictures? What kind of Jeep do you have?
                        Anyways, so far I've put on 100 miles or so and the Jeep rides nice. Not much more road noise, but it drives straight as can be. I'm sure the alignment helped, too.
                        I just might do that. Platinum '99 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 4x. Just stock with the trailer package.
                        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Some pictures from the back.

Far from stock

Comment

Working...
                          X