Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG White Letter Out?

Hey, guys!
    In the near future I plan to get some BFG All Terrain tires.
    I do seem to be pretty sold on those white letters out that they're famous for, but I have an all black Jeep. Not sure if the white will spoil the look or make it even better.

Those are my current stock tires that have only the white outline.
    Opinions?
    2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
    Far from stock

I think that white letters on the inside looks kinda weird. I would put them out.

Comment

I have an all black Durango but with the dull looking stock aluminum wheel and the letter are inside. And it doesn't take long for them to disappear in the nasty weather but if you want them gone faster, you can put tire black on them...

Comment

BFG is a good tire.. Had them...

If it were me.. And a black Jeep.. Axe the BFG white letter and go with the Nitto Trail Grappler. They look good on those Jeeps..
        9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Had a set of BFG's on the Durango....the Long Trail blah blah and they sucked on wet roads but the best set was BFG's on a SWB pickup. They were the Sport Truck TA's and were NOT steel belted. Why they quit making non steel belted radials is beyond me. They rode smooth and handled great and went many miles without coming apart. Actually, had a set on my D300 too and they were also great.

Comment

I like raised white letters out!

Comment

I like the letters out myself.
              The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, guys. Like getting some good conversation going from the Mopar Gods. When I see the white letter out on BFG's it just gives it a "new car" look to me that catches my eye.
                I'm pretty set on the BFG's, but I'll take a look at the Nitto Trail Grappler, Mutt.
                Far from stock

Comment

I like the ride of them better than the BFG's.. Mine has some growl to them on the road...not overbearing loud..but you know a 4x4 is close by and they get a little louder as they wear down.. Going for a new set in March
                  9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Off road will chew the side of the tires and lettering off in a short time. If it's a road queen than never goes off road, then white lettering looks good until they hit the curb while parking.

I always put the white lettering inside because I use my 4x4 off road all the time.

Comment

Ugh this debate has me back and forth!
                      When I had my Road Runner, I really liked have the white facing in so when I put tire shine on, the whole tire would produce an incredible shine.
                      This Jeep has never been offroad, so I don't need complete overkill tires, just a nice set.
                      Far from stock

Comment

Tire 'shine' is something I never used and just cleaned up the tires using a good detergent and a brush to make them look like new. Shiny tires never looked right or appealed to me. As for white letters....they might look good on your vehicle because of all the black. One of the things that I had always intended on doing was to paint the wheels on the Durango black and turn the letters of the tires out. I may still do it since I have like 3 sets of wheels to play with....also wanted to polish a set but man, those attract so much attention on a daily driven car...

Comment

With the black jeep and black rims I say white letters out just to break up the black some.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Tire 'shine' is something I never used and just cleaned up the tires using a good detergent and a brush to make them look like new. Shiny tires never looked right or appealed to me. As for white letters....they might look good on your vehicle because of all the black. One of the things that I had always intended on doing was to paint the wheels on the Durango black and turn the letters of the tires out. I may still do it since I have like 3 sets of wheels to play with....also wanted to polish a set but man, those attract so much attention on a daily driven car...

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                              I've heard good and bad about tire shine.
                              I think me and you had a conversation once about black rims and I recommended PlastiDip and still swear by the stuff. I've plastidipped 4 or 5 pairs of rims now.
                              ANYWAYS, there's obviously still a lot of research I still have to do on tires. I know some people think I'm crazy that I actually care about what my tires look like. If I'm gonna spend $700 dollars, I want to have my cake and eat it too.
                              Far from stock

Comment

Working...
                              X