"New" Rims.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Rims.

Made them black with the product Plasti Dip. I have added more clear coat since I've taken this picture. I'm digging the new look.
    2008 Black Jeep Liberty 4x4
    Far from stock

Looks great.

Comment

Thinking about doing that with our 2000 Durango. Started to polish them but decided it didn't need the extra attention and the wife says the black ok but add a red stripe near the edge of the rim. I will probably just use black paint to see if we like it or not. I have 3 sets of these wheels so experimenting with at least 2 wheels won't kill me lol

Comment

Looks good but I'm a chrome guy.

Comment

Looks good. A bit of shine doesn't hurt them.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I think painting/coating them black makes it more masculine.
            My personal description of the Liberty in general (not yours) is the "Chick Jeep".
            It actually looks pretty good with the black wheels, blacked out grill, and black paint.
            The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by gsmagnum View Post
              I think painting/coating them black makes it more masculine.
              My personal description of the Liberty in general (not yours) is the "Chick Jeep".
              It actually looks pretty good with the black wheels, blacked out grill, and black paint.
              The exhaust, intake, and programmer make it much more masculine.
              It also looks great in green.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
              Thinking about doing that with our 2000 Durango. Started to polish them but decided it didn't need the extra attention and the wife says the black ok but add a red stripe near the edge of the rim. I will probably just use black paint to see if we like it or not. I have 3 sets of these wheels so experimenting with at least 2 wheels won't kill me lol
              This stuff is great to experiment with and is probably close to the cost of spray paint. $5 a can from the Home Depot. I believe I used a total of two cans.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by dodgeboy8 View Post
              Looks good but I'm a chrome guy.
              I hear ya. The Limited version of the Liberty doesn't look to bad with the chrome wheels and trim. Since it's black, I want it to have a more stealth look.
              Far from stock

Comment

If it's done well, there are very few things better than a blackout job. If it's not- it can really hurt the way a car looks. From the pictures at that distance, it's looking pretty good.

Carefully balance how much you blackout though. Just right will make it subtle and gorgeous.
                '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Looking good!!!

Nice thing about Plasti-dip...It peels off easily when you want to change it up or need to redo it.
                  "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                  -Groucho Marx
                  Moparless for now

Comment

Originally posted by Gageraid View Post
                    This stuff is great to experiment with and is probably close to the cost of spray paint. $5 a can from the Home Depot. I believe I used a total of two cans.
                    Can you post a brand name or just ask for Plasti-dip? I guess Lowes has it too. I have a huge problem going into HD these days. I got a royal screwing on a kitchen remodel job that they wouldn't stand behind, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                      Can you post a brand name or just ask for Plasti-dip? I guess Lowes has it too. I have a huge problem going into HD these days. I got a royal screwing on a kitchen remodel job that they wouldn't stand behind, so....
                      Plasti Dip is the brand name. I wouldn't be surprised if other stores have it. They also have a website.
                      Far from stock

Comment

Cool picture I took while checking out the Dodge Dart.
                        Far from stock

Comment

Originally posted by Gageraid View Post
                          Plasti Dip is the brand name. I wouldn't be surprised if other stores have it. They also have a website.
                          http://www.plastidip.com/

http://www.plastidip.com/diy_where_to_buy.php

Comment

Working...
                          X