Jeep Wrangler Top removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Wrangler Top removal

I've never had the top off the TJ Sport that I bought for my wife. Just wondering if any do's and don'ts that may not be mentioned in the manual. My biggest concern is where to store it as my 3 garage bays are pretty much full. My other concern is breaking it as I know they're very expensive.
    Anyone have any tips? Still debating whether or not to just leave the hardtop on.

DO get a friend to help you. DO rest it on a couple of 2 x 4's once you can get it there ( never on bare cement. It won't harm the top, but try picking that sucker back up when it's flush to the floor. You only learn that lesson once,lol). DO enrich the seal on the jeep. It's been compressed for a long long time. Go to put the top back on and it's dried out now? Good luck putting rolled towels everywhere.

This is a preference only because the soft top is a damn process and a half to get up and down in the summer ( g'head, try getting it up in a hurry when rain is coming. It takes twice as long, then,lol). Get a bikini top or the "quick tent" and keep it stowed somewhere. They are a god-send when you need them.

Comment

you can build a pulley system to take it off and store it that way or like non said, 2x4's. but the hardtop comes off once and goes on once a year....not worth it to do more...thats what soft tops are for. soft tops are a breeze once you get a system to do them. call me if i can help, easier to describe on the phone
      Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Be careful with the back window...my brother took his off and somehow the window got broke. I would do the pully system and suspend it from the ceiling.

Comment

systems found here http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...07&spg=t&srt=p
          Who's your daddy ?

Comment

On a semi related note: Are the hard and soft tops interchangeable? or are they set only to work on a Jeep with that particular top type from the factory?
            "You're only as old as the women you feel."
            -Groucho Marx
            Moparless for now

Comment

an OE soft top is interchangeable with OE if you have all the hardware to go with it. OE and aftermarket soft tops are not interchangeable. that what you mean ?

and any hardtop will go on any jeep of the same set of years...TJ = TJ, YJ = YJ, CJ = CJ
              Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Thanks again to everyone.

Comment

Thanks Plum....
                  "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                  -Groucho Marx
                  Moparless for now

Comment

Working...
                  X