95 Concorde Timing Belt....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Concorde Timing Belt....

do it myself or leave it to an experienced mechanic?

95 3.8, 105,000 miles. Is it hard to do, does it need done at this mileage? I do know it' a non-interference motor.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Is it hard? That's relative If it's never been changed, I'd say do it. What's the book say 60K miles? Most are good for at least 100k tho. Just depends on how hard the car was driven. When a 6mm water pump screw backed out on our 95 Intrepid and took out the timing belt and left my wife stranded, I found a mobile repair guy with a good rep to do it. Didn't look all that hard but just didn't feel like doing it plus I already had plenty of other things to do and wasn't retired at the time. Not sure if the 3.8 is similar to the 3.5 or not but if it is, change the water pump too while you're in there.

Comment

they not that hard to change i had just over 130,000 on one the belt was still good just the motor when bad and the other had 150 on when i changed it
      Poorwhite boy

Comment

A Concorde will be a 3.5 or a 3.3. If it is a 3.5, then it has a timing belt. The timing belt drives the water pump on the 3.5, so definitely change it.
        If it has a 3.3, it is a timing chain and needs nothing done to it.
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

Oops, it's a 3.5, my bad.

Comment

Yes, if its 3.5 it is a belt and it definitely needs to be changed.
            1975 Charger SE E68 323
            1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
            1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
            1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

When we had a 3.5 Intrepid, a 6mm screw from the water pump backed out and got the belt. Loctite those puppies! Just needs a dab...and change the pump while you're in there.

Comment

How do those belt tensioners work? I see they're solid mounted, but doesn't look like the move any? Some special tool or trick maybe?

Comment

Change the tensioner while you are in there as well that's what took out mine!

It is not a tolerance engine so it will not bend valves like a gen 2(98-04)
                  2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Working...
                  X