Engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap

My Father-in-laws 94 Acclaim, 2.5 needed an engine, I got one from the JY(60K out of a 95 minivan), The engine in the car/oem has an EGR intake/exaust set up, while the JY engine does not w/o any provision for one. Other then that everything is exactly the same down to the elec. connectors. Will the NON- EGR engine run "right", by just not plugging in the EGR wires and vac. hoses??? Or am I going to have to change the intake/exaust, looks like a major PIA. The In-laws are staying here until it's fixed, so I need help fast LOL:ROFLMAO:
    Owner/Northeast's fastest lawn ornament

Originally posted by restinose
    My Father-in-laws 94 Acclaim, 2.5 needed an engine, I got one from the JY(60K out of a 95 minivan), The engine in the car/oem has an EGR intake/exaust set up, while the JY engine does not w/o any provision for one. Other then that everything is exactly the same down to the elec. connectors. Will the NON- EGR engine run "right", by just not plugging in the EGR wires and vac. hoses??? Or am I going to have to change the intake/exaust, looks like a major PIA. The In-laws are staying here until it's fixed, so I need help fast LOL:ROFLMAO:
    They need switched, several sensors (O2 etc) will detect poor readings and result in poor performance, then they'll be around even longer! I feel your pain, my sister was just here for a week!!!
    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

I was afraid of that, never had much luck with aluminun heads/steel studs/rusty nuts. But I look on the bright side the JY engine appears very well maintained and will probably outlast the rest of the car??? I've also been catching up on alot of "outside yard work" lol

Comment

Ok, the engines in and running super,amazing how those other two cylinders help out so much! The in laws are gone, even better, lol. Anyhow now the electric fan quit on it???? I unplugge the connector at the fan a momentarily jumped it with battery voltage the fa motor runs like that. So the motor is good. The manual I have for this car ,Haynes/Useless, has no wiring diagrams that are useful. according to T/S guide in it to test the coolant sensor,you unplug it and the fan should come on,it didn't, IF the sensor is bad????? I tried to test it with a multimeter,hot/cold low/high resistance but there is not enough room inside the connector to get both probes on it. Elsewhere in the useless manual there are references to a "electric fan relay", but it doesn't say where it is????? There are 5 relays bolted to the fender, but not labeled? Does anyone know where the fan relay is located on this car??? I can't find anything in the fuse block that looks like it goes to the fan. All fuses are good. Help!!!!!! I got enough of my own junk to work on without this headache. Now I know why my older brother just writes a check to fix stuff, it's not lack of ability, but lack of time.

Comment

Working...
        X