My "new" ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "new" ride

wasn't looking but found this in Detroit, owned by a Mopar friend, from a Mopar family. 95 Concorde, every option but sunroof.

Couldn't pass this one up

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Bill, they are a nice running car and they tell me the gas mileage is pretty decent as well. If it has a 3.5 it should be pretty fast!
    1975 Charger SE E68 323
    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

You are gonna love this for a long time they are great cars.

i would still be driving mine had some woman not backed out in front of me.

If you can get them LHS leather seats make a great upgrade!
      2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

i love all the LH cars as well, i've got a 2000 300M and its a rocket for a V6 car. the HP rating for mine is i think right about 250. so compare that to my 79 GT w/E58 and the LH cars look pretty good. torque is not quite as close as expected for a motor almost half the size. one of the coolest things about these cars is they have always had the motor mounted the correct way despite being FWD. not many FWD cars i've ever seen have longitudinal mounted motors. puts the motor fairly far infront of the wheels because the transmission has the CV chafts running out the side of the trans just behind the torque converter, that makes the whole motor infront of the front axle centerline. kinda nose heavy but lots of traction up front where they need it.

Comment

We had a Intrepid ES. Ran good and the traction control was cool. Weak points are the tie rods and if it has some miles, changed the timing belt and check the water pump screws while you are in there. The tie rods are behind the engine and up high and a 6mm water pump screw took out the timing belt once when it backed out. That was 1 of the 3 times ours let my wife stranded and she became disenchanted with it so I sold it and bought the Durango in Oct 99....

Comment

autostick equiped?
            78 cordoba 360 4brl -under restoration

Comment

Tierods were done before I bought it, tranny flushed 10K miles ago, it has just over 100,000 miles on it. All-power and leather to boot. I got 26-27 bringing it home from up north. Running 65-70mph and more at times.

Waterpump and t-belt when the weather breaks. No auto-stick, at least I don't think so. Has the traction control. Only thing I wish it had a moonroof. Oh well.

I really like it. Thanks gang.

Comment

Nice ride....
                "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Nice!

Comment

They are nice cars. I'm not a big fan of fwd but those are pretty cool and cruise nicely at 100 mph

Comment

the 3.5 engine are known rod bearing going bad in them had two of that happen too both had a lot miles on them, but love those lh car had couple got 01 interpid now
                      Poorwhite boy

Comment

Originally posted by 78magnumxe View Post
                        i love all the LH cars as well, i've got a 2000 300M and its a rocket for a V6 car. the HP rating for mine is i think right about 250. so compare that to my 79 GT w/E58 and the LH cars look pretty good. torque is not quite as close as expected for a motor almost half the size. one of the coolest things about these cars is they have always had the motor
                        Wow, pretty interesting facts about the LH cars, didn't know that, thought they were just like any other fwd. The hp those V6's make is pretty awesome when you consider the 400P code in our Charger is only rated at 235 hp.
                        1975 Charger SE E68 323
                        1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                        1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                        1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Learning to like this car, very easy.

Comment

you love after you had it a while i'm looking for another lh car
                            Poorwhite boy

Comment

Nice looking ride bud.....
                              340 Swinger

Comment

Working...
                              X