No announcement yet.

'08 Transmission out at 47K ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No consolation, but Honda has/had a class-action lawsuit against their wonderful Honda Oddity minivans due to nearly 100% tranny failure. So it not just "our" cars.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Sorry to hear that the tranny is junk and you are on the hook. That is terrible.
      I hope you catch a break with your next vehicle.
      The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Man I would stomp the brakes on that deal. If you are truly getting rid of it, I would go with a reputable salvage company (like LKQ) and get a quality replacement used transmission. No use tossing 4k to get rid of your car.

As far as the rest.........

Honda had more than just the Odessy failure, It was a problem with a lot of their V6 models covering from 02-0?, Toyota has just secretly announced extended coverage on their Rav 4 Transmissions for faulty ECU's that lead to transmission failures.

Also the Rav4 Had windshield leakage problems (yer gonna luv this) the windshield would leak water on the passenger side and short out the ECU, causing transmission failures.

Honda, Toyota, Lexus and the new AW55-50SN are feeding my family right now.
        The AW55-50SN (aisin warner owned by Toyota?) is put into several vehicles including Suzuki, Nissan, Volvo and some other juicy morsels and it's starting to fail. They are big buck repairs, The $800-900 (our cost) valve body fails and tears up the transmission......stay away from those after 70K miles.
        Last edited by Trannyman; 02-22-2011, 12:37 AM.
        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I talked for a while to the tech that actually tore my tranny apart this afternoon

He said the pump failed a while back and the pan and fluid is full of silver shavings

When that failed, thats what screwed up 4th 5th and 6th gear

He also mentioned for the long run, it would be easy and cheaper for me, if they just installed a new complete tranny, instead of tearing this one apart to take out the burnt up / torn up parts because I would pay more for labor that way ...
          "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

I'll bet that POS converter failed and sent chit into the pump, plugging up the filter and starving the transmission for lubrication.

Yer gonna need a radiator also, the transmission cooler part of that is going to be filled with contaminants and you will never get it all out. At the very least and very common in the south, is just bypass the radiator altogether and run an external cooler.
            His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
            2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

thanks for the info
              "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                Man I would stomp the brakes on that deal. If you are truly getting rid of it, I would go with a reputable salvage company (like LKQ) and get a quality replacement used transmission. No use tossing 4k to get rid of your car.

As far as the rest.........

Honda had more than just the Odessy failure, It was a problem with a lot of their V6 models covering from 02-0?, Toyota has just secretly announced extended coverage on their Rav 4 Transmissions for faulty ECU's that lead to transmission failures.

Also the Rav4 Had windshield leakage problems (yer gonna luv this) the windshield would leak water on the passenger side and short out the ECU, causing transmission failures.

Honda, Toyota, Lexus and the new AW55-50SN are feeding my family right now.
                The AW55-50SN (aisin warner owned by Toyota?) is put into several vehicles including Suzuki, Nissan, Volvo and some other juicy morsels and it's starting to fail. They are big buck repairs, The $800-900 (our cost) valve body fails and tears up the transmission......stay away from those after 70K miles.
                Don't forget the Ford Exploders, I mean explorers, the trans cooler stopping up (in the bottom of the radiator) and causing melt downs
                Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                  Don't forget the Ford Exploders, I mean explorers, the trans cooler stopping up (in the bottom of the radiator) and causing melt downs
                  We actually haven't seen many lately. We did get a lot of them for a while with the band strut snapped but that run of defects has seemed to go away.
                  2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                    We actually haven't seen many lately. We did get a lot of them for a while with the band strut snapped but that run of defects has seemed to go away.
                    My bro in law in Knoxville TN says he's still seeing them somewhat. Salvage yard I worked at had at VERY CLEARLY on every invoice for the sale of one, that the original cooler could NOT be used, and aftermarket cooler must be installed for the buyer to have ANY warranty whatsoever!
                    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

all of the newer auto trans need a 30K power flush. I can't tell you how many people I know that have rebuilt a 518 because they needed a power flush. It is an every 2 year / 30K maintenance issue. The old bad trans was the 41 TE / 604, which today they are building up. But that used to be a 100% failure trans when it came out. Mine is now getting a Pelquin posi, computer recal and the shift kit. Otherwise boom with more boost.

Comment

Working...
                      X