Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need parts?

This car sits at a local salvage yard.

This car is SOLID! And pretty complete, obviously missing the transmission.

Not a Shelby, but a Turbo car still. The only sheetmetal damage I see is to the hood, which you can just make out in the pic of it. It is slightly wrinkled on the driver's side rear corner.

Their parts prices are usually pretty cheap, judging from what I've bought there already. With a dealers license, you could take the whole car.

I wish I could!! Other than the missing trans, I see no reason for THIS one to be in there!! Don't know if it came in missing, or if someone got it after it arrived.

Picasa Web Albums - Tracy - Drop Box

When seconds count, help is only MINUTES AWAY!! Arm thyself!!

Is there money to be had pulling these parts? I just figured seeing them all over the JY's Chrysler section that nothing was worse grabbing.
    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Had to edit this. Was thinking this was the A-body post with the Valiant.

But I suppose there is, for someone who has one, or is a fan of the turbo cars like this. (Like I am) I'd love to get this car and build it into a sleeper myself, but they won't sell a whole car to anyone without a dealers license, so I understand.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

To add, my father had a Chrysler LeBaron GTS in yellow. Non-turbo though. I kinda liked that car, but I've always liked these Lancers more. I suppose someone could also make a Shelby clone out of one, as I've seen done.

There's a pretty solid following of the '80's to mid '90's mopar turbo cars out there. Check sites like boostedmopar.com, turbo-mopar.com and turbododge.com and you'll see what I mean.

On a side note, I see these links take you to each individual and intended pic, but if you click the arrows, you can see the rest of the cars I'd found there. Including the Valiant and the Satellite, listed in their respective body platform forums.
      Last edited by Sputnik72; 10-20-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I think 7 out of the 12 FWDs when I was there were turbos.
        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

When you were where?

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik72 View Post
            When you were where?
            The worthless "junkyard" up by me. Junkyards aren't "pretty" so it's not very close to the capital, is just about all that's there and most of their stuff is not set out to have parts pulled off. It's a pain to get to and there's not many RWD parts worthwhile most of the time. To be fair to them I don't get out there often, but to pay $5 to get in and find a bunch of turbo cars and 318-2 vans isn't very inspiring.

Comment

Ahh. I know what you mean. This yard charges you 1$ as a "liability fee" and cuts you loose. I frequent it because there are a decent amount of Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees there to pull spare parts off off. Good to have spare axles and steering parts, etc, in case anything gets bent during my off road trips. In a way, it's gonna be a sad day when I get as far as putting my lift on, because I will no longer be able to use the cheap stock salvage yard parts any longer!!

These guys do right by the buyer, as they set the cars up in the air and space them well, with each make in it's own part of the main yard, with trucks/vans having their own separate yard altogether. And, since they make YOU pull your own stuff, the prices stay pretty damn low.

As for old stuff, well, it's pretty hard to find anything pre-'80's in ANY yard anymore, unless that's what the yard specializes in, but then, those guys usually know what they have and want to charge very "un-slavage yard like" prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik72 View Post
                As for old stuff, well, it's pretty hard to find anything pre-'80's in ANY yard anymore, unless that's what the yard specializes in, but then, those guys usually know what they have and want to charge very "un-slavage yard like" prices.
                And even then they usually buy what makes them money or what they use, so some of the stuff isn't even for sale. That's mostly what I do anymore, easy but it's essential to buy in bulk to get a good deal. :ROFLMAO:

Comment

Working...
                X