How common is the Intrepid R/T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How common is the Intrepid R/T?

We have had a 2001 Intrepit R/T for three years now, and have never seen another one. Is there anyway to know how many were made? Just for curiousity's sake.
    http://www.squidoo.com/78PettyMagnum

35 318/3spd Dodge Bros. Coupe, 78 360 Magnum Petty Replica, 90 400/727 Dakota, 92 D150,

I don't think they are all that uncommon. A search turned up a lot of sites about them including an Intrepid forum but there wasn't much action going on there.

Comment

i havent seen many but have seen a few, and they are something i would notice. cant tell ya how many were made, but i dont think it was very many

Comment

I guess it's area specific as to where the clutch of them were sold. It seems like every other one up here at one time or another was an R/T. I'd imagine it would be the same around major cities as far as extra money option packages go. Somebody near NYC can check off the R/T options easier than somebody in backwoods Arkansas, etc. You know the whole deal. "I can afford this so therefore my status is better than yours" etc. pffft.

Comment

I would also think it would depend on if the dealer thinks he can sell a hign option car in his location or not. I know some dealers are pretty conservative in the Houston area. My buddy ordered a truck load of hot rod pickups years ago (D150's with 360's) and the owner got mad about it so he made a bet that they would be all gone within a week and his boss took him on. They all sold within 3 days!

Comment

The Intrepid was a lease vehicle before we got it, so it could have come from anywhere. Usually, after you get a different car, it seem like everybody else in the county has the same vehicle, not with our Intrepid R/T. There are parking lots filled with the regular Intrepids, but have yet to see another R/T.
            Last edited by Gjerm; 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM.

35 318/3spd Dodge Bros. Coupe, 78 360 Magnum Petty Replica, 90 400/727 Dakota, 92 D150,

Comment

Originally posted by Gjerm View Post
              There are parking lots filled with the regular Intrepids, but have yet to see another R/T.
              oh, well then. Lemme help ya out with that.

:ROFLMAO:

c'mon, that was FUNNY right there, I don't care who ya are.

Comment

Well all be dad'gum, that there is only the second Intrepid R/t that I ever saw. Same wheels as ours, but we don't have the spoiler. Got a full size spare though.

Comment

Back when I was shopping for one a couple years ago, they were few and far between. There are a couple in my area, but still probably less than 1% of all the Intrepids I've seen. Chrysler 300M Specials are right up there with Trep R/T's for rarity. A couple neat cars that are almost completely under the radar.

Clair
                  67 Cuda Vert, 68 Sport Fury Vert 440HP, 69 Valiant 100 340 EFI, 74 Dart Swinger 440, 86 Shelby Charger (for sale); Check out www.moparfins.com !

Comment

l just bought one a couple of months ago from the impound lot / it was a bank repo / a 2001 R/T with 50,000 miles on the clock for $500 bucks / of coarse it needed two front fenders and head lights and a bumper cover plus two front tires / l,m almost done fixin it / it,ll make a great car for the wife to replace the 1991 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Ave mini-limo / l also have not seen another one yet
                    MOPAR TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    l have 1972 to 93 dodge truck wiring diagrams and 1976 to 85 dodge car wiring diagrams / just ask

Comment

I've only seen 2. One on the highway when they first came out and i almost bought one from a co-worker about 4 years ago.
                      Robert
                      My rides
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare_ram

Comment

Da wife had a 95 ES with the 3.5 and it had the wing like in nonsticks pic. We used to do a lot of drives for a dealer and when the newer gen Intrepids came out, I always banged my head getting in and out of the dang things. The 95 didn't have so much rake angle on the windshield and that never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Gjerm
                          We have had a 2001 Intrepit R/T for three years now, and have never seen another one. Is there anyway to know how many were made? Just for curiousity's sake.
                          I have one, bought it new. There were 3075 2001 Intrepid R/T's produced.

1960 Plymouth Home Page
                          2010 Charger R/T

Comment

Hey cool. Thanks for the number. Just over 3000 were made that year, small number when compared to the total production run.

Comment

Originally posted by Gjerm View Post
                              Hey cool. Thanks for the number. Just over 3000 were made that year, small number when compared to the total production run.
                              Very small number.
                              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Working...
                              X