02 intrepid q's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 intrepid q's

this car has the dreaded 2.7 I am tired of looking at it, been here too long... I did head gaskets sent the heads in to be checked for bent valves, and shaved if need be also replaced all the T chains guides and waterpump... I am now almost ready to fire it up; a few ground wires (for which I cannot find a spot to connect) the goofy belt tensioner and a heater hose pipe that obviously needs to be bolted to something and I cannot find out where it bolts up... I don't remember ever taking that off to be honest.... but it has a tab that needs bolted up somewhere

I have tried and tried to post to the intrepid site and "I do not have permission" to post for some reason; I have 20+ tries and 0 posts there; and searching has come up empty...even though it recognizes my name and PW, and "welcomes" me tehre every time I try as well as tells me when I was last there I give up on them can you mopar Style guys with experience on these POS" give me a hand? I need this thing outta here... so please tell me what you know

Ground 1; very short at back of drivers head not long enough to reach any threaded hole on engine;
    Grounds 2 and 3 One each side at back they go to resistor looking things I do remember then coming off the back of heads somewhere only long enough to go to backs of valve covers but these are mounted in rubber bushings; not the best to complete a ground; don't remember them coming from "there" though

AND then we have the backyard engineered looking serpentine belt tensioner that I cant remember how it went, either

I wish I knew someone that had one of these POS" that I could go have a look at... My Mom actually does but a different engine (3.2) and different year (98) as compared to this POS... I didnt want this side job from the getgo, but got prodded and poked and begged into doing it anyway I hate using other peoples' cars as guinea pigs on jobs I have never done... I can't believe mopar has stooped this low as to put out such an abomination...

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

ok figured out teh AC belt tensioner still gotta figure out where the grounds can go... short wires and no place nearby to be able to bolt to

Oh those 2.7's are turds, I saw a couple at a car auction one time, when buyers loked them over, they raised the hoods. closing them right away, then walking off shaking their heads

Comment

ok it runs; finally been here too long because I had never done one and I was actually afraid I'd mess it up I hate doing the guinea pig routine on something I have never done with someone else's car..... a stop by the JY tomorrow for a few bolts braces and clips and it's finally outta here....

Comment

Working...
      X