Long time no post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time no post!

My father in laws 94 Accliam had/has a problem with the pass. side front caliper? When I got to it the pads were overheated to the point of de-laminating,metal on metal, junk! When I tried to take to caliper off it would not compress(tried a 12" c-clamp) so I thought the caliper was seized? I replaced the caliper, rotor, ands pads. Now with the new parts it is doing the same thing, locking on and smoking the new pads? Have I overlooked something, possibly the " residual valve bad in master cylinder? Any ideas? Thanks guys!
    Owner/Northeast's fastest lawn ornament

Welcome back! The rubber brake line has gone bad on the inside and it will let fluid pass into the caliper (high pressure) but not let the fluid ease back (low pressure) to the master. Replace it and I bet your problem will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by restinose
      My father in laws 94 Accliam had/has a problem with the pass. side front caliper? When I got to it the pads were overheated to the point of de-laminating,metal on metal, junk! When I tried to take to caliper off it would not compress(tried a 12" c-clamp) so I thought the caliper was seized? I replaced the caliper, rotor, ands pads. Now with the new parts it is doing the same thing, locking on and smoking the new pads? Have I overlooked something, possibly the " residual valve bad in master cylinder? Any ideas? Thanks guys!
      I did check the machined "ways" for interference ,good in that respect,cal per does move on pins and slides properly on "ways" ,but does not release?

Comment

If the flex line is original, it's past time for replacement anyways and they don't cost that much and I'm willing to wager a case of beer it's the problem. Seen it many many times before. It also explains the reason it was so hard to compress the caliper piston.....

Comment

Thank you very much!!! I like EZ! I'll keep you posted.

Comment

like Cranky said, I've seen the rubber hose bad many times and cause your exact problem.
            Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
            "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
            I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
              If the flex line is original, it's past time for replacement anyways and they don't cost that much and I'm willing to wager a case of beer it's the problem. Seen it many many times before. It also explains the reason it was so hard to compress the caliper piston.....
              Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
              like Cranky said, I've seen the rubber hose bad many times and cause your exact problem.

I agree with both guys here; the hose is bad!! Replace it, and, while you're at it, make sure you bleed ALL of the brakes, and get rid of the old fluid.....I bet it looks nasty!

So......where in heck have you been?; I tried to call you a couple of times, and you weren't around.....but now I can't remember what I was calling about..........lol!

Did somebody mention a case of beer?????? I'll be there! :ROFLMAO:

Comment

Good information. I think it will solve the problem too. When it works you better spend more time here with us.

Comment

Sorry about the lapse, life's been busy lately. My dad passed away,daughter and granddaughter moved back in, remodeling laundry room for them into bedroom etc...... I'll try to get on top of it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by restinose View Post
                    Sorry about the lapse, life's been busy lately. My dad passed away,daughter and granddaughter moved back in, remodeling laundry room for them into bedroom etc...... I'll try to get on top of it! Lol
                    Sorry about the loss of your dad. That's tough to deal with. Went through that myself in 09. Looking after the estate seemed to take forever and then renovated and moved into his house. A lot to deal with.
                    Great to see you back. Things do get busy dealing with family issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X