X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdzik
    started a topic 2003 Neon RT--was it available with an automatic tranny

2003 Neon RT--was it available with an automatic tranny

My stepson aquired a 2003 Neon with R/T badging. However, his is a auto tranny and I thought all R/Ts of that year were manual. Also his has 15-inch alloy wheels while I thought all came with 16s. Is is possible that his was made late in the model year or was a specioal order? Thanks.

• tdzik
    replied
    Mystery solved

My stepson was mistaken. I finally got to see the Neon in person today and it is an SXT and not an RT. When he called me to tell me about the car the other day he was so excited about his new ride and its rear spoiler that he called it an RT.

So, sorry guys for the trouble. Still, he did get himself a clean well-maintainede Neon for a decent price.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Looking, it appears that 16" wheels were standard, so it's possible someone taded them, but the automatic still gets me, it shouldn't be available. What is the engine code as teh R/T should have the 150 Hp version.

I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by Unfettered; 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    We have sold quite a couple of R/T's (not SRT4) and they have all been standard. I highly doubt a special order car, it just doesn't happen much anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Because it's the thing kids seem to do these days.....

Or it's a one off or special order. I don't know much about them other than my son-in-law had one. my daughter made him get rid of it when it needed $3000 worth of work and it had a book value of $2000. (Engine and transmission need work at almost 100,000 miles. It was beat pretty good before he bought it from a local used car lot that always made their cars "prettier" than they were.). They got $2200 for it on trade....LOL

Leave a comment:

• tdzik
    replied
    Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
    You're not confusing it with the SRT\4 are you?

Although after 8-9 years someone may have badged a regular car with the SRT badges.
    It is not an SRT. It is possible someone rebadged it, but why?

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    You're not confusing it with the SRT\4 are you?

Although after 8-9 years someone may have badged a regular car with the SRT badges.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X