No announcement yet.

FWD Mopar Photo of the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get a chance to meet Bruce but I did get a chance to talk with him for a couple hours before the phone wet dead lol. Happens to know the local here I built a turbo Scamp GT for with SLH 3. 438 WHP, older type MP block with MP steel 2.0L crank. The key to changing how these cars run is the intake, this was one of the first to have a custom turbo intake. I went at one point 207 and averaged 199.

Comment

This is Russ Deane, he drives the Neon body SRT 4. This was raced last summer and made some records for Mopar. At one point he ran 227 MPH

Comment

This is the first performance Mopar I know of, they went smaller to a 4 cylinder and it is more modern with 2.2 like 5 mains and pressured oiling system. This video shows the first record to come down. Other videos have this flat head 28 Dodge 4 banger, with a carb running 143. Hot Rod mag did a who write up on this car a few years ago. With the oiling and mains this would be a good one to add boost to with Mopar strength like the 2.2 and 2.4.

Comment

Slowe is now at 8.65@ 165.82, Neon head bolted on a 2.2 short block

Comment

Rob's Charger is now 10.0 at 143, still all 8v K car engine.

Comment

Took out the Japanese engine and add Mopar. Runs the 2.4 turbo with a 904, older video he runs a 9.2 at 143, car is now at 8.8 at 152. A few others are doing the Colt for RWD.

Those that want a peak at some of the times out there http://www.turbo-mopartimes.com/ has a list of people from the forums and there ETs.

Comment

Red Sled is a DCR car, like the 7 second race car. It runs a street FWD class. Runs 8.83 @ 168

Comment

Comment

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Comment

Comment

For hundreds and hundreds of kool Mopar photos, check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/MoparStylePhotos/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X