No announcement yet.

Looking for a paint scheme for the Magnum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them both for black and red -- but I might be too white for the 70's Super Fly edition.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Bottom line is you have to go with what you like. The red and black do look nice.

Comment

Mine's going to be bronze from the grill back over the hood and roof to the black vinyl and black down the sides and over the trunk... I'm doing the interior in black but want some bronze accessories... I like the black and red theme also.
        "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail us now!"
        '78 Magnum XE 400 w/ Sunroof:
        '79 GT E-58 w/ T's

Comment

what about a paint job like what is on a '76 charger daytona? i like the way just the tops of the hood, roof and trunk lid is one color and the rest is another.
          sigpic

My Garage

Comment

pictures of suggested schemes
            Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
            Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
            Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

here are two views of the paint style i like.

sigpic

My Garage

Comment

I would leave it black in a pearl coat... or redo the old two/tone in pearl black top and charcoal sides.

Comment

Well black magnums are cool in there own way but i think some red on the sides would make her stand out even more
                  1979 Chrysler 300 (408 stroker) SOLD!!!

Comment

Ok I'm not usually on this site as much as I should but my idea for a wild paint scheme would be the GT stripes with the Daytona bulges in red, the rest black. AND! Instead of just any solid red, I once saw this tractor/trailer owner who frequents my place of work. He had new fenders put on his '85 Pete and they shot it with 2 shades of charcoal grey. So think of 2 reds, a solid and a metallic... The kicker is, the painter took saran wrap and layed it on the wet paint then peeled it up and it made this wild, hoarfrost like pattern. he wet sanded and shot it with clear, and it's amazing!

Comment

Flat blck with lightning bolts has always been a favorite of mine...

Comment

attached is a factory-esque 79 magnum black / red scheme.

black top (ala T/A & AAR) and red sides....
                        1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                        2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
                        X