Looking for a paint scheme for the Magnum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a paint scheme for the Magnum

I'm going to start driving the Magnum as my daily driver for a week every two months, and there is a little tweaking that I want to do to make the car a little more modern. It drives and handles well -- although I might spring for an overdrive transmission, or attach a Gear Vendors to the car. I also would like to find a nice set of luxury car seats -- maybe from a Cadi ETC; and have a floor shifter.

However, I do have a little paint bubbling that looks like a contaminated reaction between the primer and paint. Since the car is pure black, I could have those areas sanded and repaired fairly easily -- but I might also consider painting the car in the Challenger metallic black with the Cadillac metallic/pearl red that I painted my truck, Challenger, and Olds.

So what I'm looking for is a paint scheme that would work from the Magnum. I'm thinking maybe a GT Stripe style -- but open to look at other ideas that use the above colors
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I know.. Paint it Black..

Looks good the way it is..
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
      I know.. Paint it Black..

Looks good the way it is..
      I agree.
      His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
      2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

While I agree that the black is nice, I also like the color scheme you have going. What were the 2-tone setups on the Magnums originally?
        "You're only as old as the women you feel."
        -Groucho Marx
        Moparless for now

Comment

Black with metallic red pearl (75-77) Daytona billboards.....or Starskey & Hutch/GT stripe.
          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
          Ronald Reagan

Comment

I love it black too. Really cool with the nice shiny wheels.

Comment

You could update the black to a newer version such as the current black crystal clear coat like you Challys.
              The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

Black and do the GT style stripe in the red. The stripe that goes down the side and up over the roof, similar to the 73-74 Road Runner.

Comment

Black. Red fender to hood stripes as on a new R/T. (like an old GTX)

It can pull that off. The '75-'77 can pull off the strobes up to the roof, but it wouldn't look so good on a '78-9.
                  '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

You could always relive your youth BK

9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
                      You could always relive your youth BK

Cool. Think we could steal his car and get it wrapped?

Comment

This was my orginal black with red. It was faded just behind the door

Comment

How about 2 toned like the 79s were offered, but with the Challenger black metallic sides, but the upper parts the red?
                          Last edited by CudaZappa; 01-20-2011, 10:51 PM.
                          Guns dont kill, socialized healthcare kills

Comment

fixed yer post dge... but yeah, I like that idea best. Black sides, with red top. And do the pinstripe to split the colors. And the black paint will allow you to run some chrome/polished wheels that will pop
                            1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                            2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

I like the common colors/theme of your cars Dave.

I always thought this Cordoba was very nicely done.

Don't mind this one on the Cordoba at the WPC museum, either.

WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X