found a complete cordoba 300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a complete cordoba 300

well i found this yard full of 70s car and finaly found out who owned it,i was looking for parts. after talking whit the guy,he told me his father used to restore cars and the buisness burnt.
    he has a yard full of old cars,and there is one thing that cauth my eye while looking at a cordoba,the red white and blue badge of a 300.

the guy has one of the 3500 cordoba 300s and its for sale,doues need a resto,but what seams to be good is that he didnt seam to know what i was talking about when i said it was a 300.

its in trois riviere in between montreal and quebec city.

othere things interesting,a plymouth scamp 74 ish,a 75 cordoba whit a 400,an m bodie cordba,and what i thing where 2 volares 1 a coupe and othere a sedan.

non mopars: a ford torino sedan 70s ,a mid 80s camaro/firebird

and theres a wingned car coupe i think,mopar but could not tell what it was,look like fuglys image from the front.

i was there an hour but i could have spent all day there. lots of nice projects
    78 cordoba 360 4brl -under restoration

I take it you didn't have a camera?

Comment

nope

Comment

Bummer! Did the 300 happen to have T-Tops
        or a Moonroof? How was the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R View Post
          Bummer! Did the 300 happen to have T-Tops
          or a Moonroof? How was the interior?
          interior was full of parts,and the top was covered in snow.
          will get in touch whit the owner and try to buy it.

i could use my 78s body,and restore the 300

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by re330 View Post
              interior was full of parts,and the top was covered in snow.
              will get in touch whit the owner and try to buy it.

i could use my 78s body,and restore the 300
              I'd fix both, but that's me.

Now out of the other stuff. '74 ish Scamp- disc brakes a lot, 318s common, 727/904 a bit random but 904 is more common, 8 1/4 rear somewhat common, normal mopar bolt pattern on most cars, it's a Dart with a Valiant nose and Plymouth trim. '75 Cordoba 400- great year for that car, 400 was strong in HP form, dual exhaust optional, no cats usually, no lean burn. J body Cordobas are fairly rare, some '80s had 360s and those were extremely rare. F body- coupe if '78 could be Super Coupe or Kit Car, 360 4bbl and other R/Ts or Roadrunners sometimes worth it. Sedan could be a cop car, only way it'd have an HP 360 4bbl but it could have a 360 2 or 4 barrel anyway.

The big high-wing cars had nose cones on them and the non-wing cars were mostly 1970s.

How do the fins go, up or in?
              Last edited by 270SE; 01-15-2011, 05:06 PM.
              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
                I'd fix both, but that's me.

Now out of the other stuff. '74 ish Scamp- disc brakes a lot, 318s common, 727/904 a bit random but 904 is more common, 8 1/4 rear somewhat common, normal mopar bolt pattern on most cars, it's a Dart with a Valiant nose and Plymouth trim. '75 Cordoba 400- great year for that car, 400 was strong in HP form, dual exhaust optional, no cats usually, no lean burn. J body Cordobas are fairly rare, some '80s had 360s and those were extremely rare. F body- coupe if '78 could be Super Coupe or Kit Car, 360 4bbl and other R/Ts or Roadrunners sometimes worth it. Sedan could be a cop car, only way it'd have an HP 360 4bbl but it could have a 360 2 or 4 barrel anyway.

The big high-wing cars had nose cones on them and the non-wing cars were mostly 1970s.

How do the fins go, up or in?
                in looked like it was angry

the f body could be a roadrunner

Comment

Originally posted by re330 View Post
                  in looked like it was angry

the f body could be a roadrunner
                  It can be anything since the flares, paint, stripes, badges, and louvers are what differentiated them. Lose those and it's hard to tell at a glance.
                  '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

RE330 I sent you a pm
                    Don

Comment

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
                      It can be anything since the flares, paint, stripes, badges, and louvers are what differentiated them. Lose those and it's hard to tell at a glance.
                      stripes were the only part of the Road Runner package. "badges" were part of the decals. Flairs, louvers, spoilers were all optional on top of the package. Paint was available on the lower trims as well.
                      1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                      2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Sort of depends on the year, for example in 1980 the rear spoiler was part of the group. But a lot of the stuff people associate with the Road Runner and R/T was optional or part of the Super Pak in the earlier years.
                        12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Keep us posted, and take pictures!!

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by CudaZappa View Post
                            stripes were the only part of the Road Runner package. "badges" were part of the decals. Flairs, louvers, spoilers were all optional on top of the package. Paint was available on the lower trims as well.
                            They were decals but they are something other than stripes that are on the car that serve the same as badges.

The Kit Cars and Super Coupes had very distinctive paint that was the color available for a Dodge with the package or a Plymouth with the package.

But all of that is stuff that can go away, even the fender tag and build sheet can be removed from the car.
                            Last edited by 270SE; 01-17-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X