Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good High Performance shock for a Magnum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good High Performance shock for a Magnum?

I need to replace my shocks -- and might need to replace my springs. Last time I bought shocks for a Magnum was in the late 70s and Monroe Gas-a-matic was the way to go then.

What's the one to go to now days?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Koni, Bilstein, Edelbrock...

The key to the fronts is you'll have to spec out a GM A-body shock in the front.
    Bilstein could be ordered from Hotchkis or Firm Feel.

See this thread for more info:
    http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/for...nt-shocks.html
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by BK

I need to replace my shocks -- and might need to replace my springs. Last time I bought shocks for a Magnum was in the late 70s and Monroe Gas-a-matic was the way to go then.

What's the one to go to now days?

Years ago, I replaced the front shocks of a '79 Newport R-body with a pair of Koni adjustable shocks, and they were nothing short of amazing! :angel:
      However, I do not remember the part number, and do not know if they are still made. I used Monroe air shocks in the rear, as I towed a boat trailer, and the rear springs, (even though new HD police units-5 leaf), were totally inadequate!

Several posts have been made about this over the years, and CudaZappa MAY still have the part numbers, as I posted them here a while ago!

Comment

Is that 80-2274?
        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
        X