interior body panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior body panels

well im shure otheres must have this problem,the plastic used crumbles after years of degradation. so has anyone have ever remolded these pieces? im in need of anything made of that plastic.

i am willing to help to make remolds or equivalents.
    78 cordoba 360 4brl -under restoration

Nope but currently under a restro project of a 79 magnum I have seen the same problem. I am going to trying adding a filler to keep the form and than wrap the plastic piece in leather. I am currently searching as you are but don't expect to much luck - happy hunting

Comment

I have enough carbon fiber to do my whole interior but, sadly
      it will not happen soon. Moving out of my shop this week and
      won't have the room to do them at home. I'm going to make
      panels for the t-tops just to see if it looks good, some time
      after Christmas!

Comment

i have 2 good blue pabels nice and solid one of them has a mounting tab brokwn off easy fix or / wont effect anthing ,,....you needing inner or outer our both ...im assuming your talking about the ones around the quarter window??

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

btw does anyone know a product we could put on them to prevent this from happening in the future ??/?
        Have lots of chrome and a nearly complete blue interior out of a 75 charger Buckets console everything.....have a few 100mph speedos looking for red bucket seats for my 79 cordoba

Comment

I have some good used rear ones around, but my supply is dwindling.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I've toyed around with the idea of covering mine with some sort of epoxy and thin fabric. Magnumguy and I were talking about using some thin headliner material. They need something to cover them and stay solid. My son has a couple of panels that are pretty full of holes. This might work for all the plastic parts.

I need some of the other interior stuff and I'm thinking of upgrading to some more modern seats... hmmmm... Just thinking out loud...
            "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail us now!"
            '78 Magnum XE 400 w/ Sunroof:
            '79 GT E-58 w/ T's

Comment

Is it possible to cover them with some of that Rich Corinthian Leather.

Comment

Originally posted by 74Charger View Post
                Is it possible to cover them with some of that Rich Corinthian Leather.
                I would imagine, but I'm trying to figure something that will stop the panels from disintegrating... Leather would look good though...
                "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail us now!"
                '78 Magnum XE 400 w/ Sunroof:
                '79 GT E-58 w/ T's

Comment

fiberglass?
                  78 cordoba 360 4brl -under restoration

Comment

Working...
                  X