• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late B/R good front shocks!

just found this on the net from a guy who built an R-body track car :
    Originally posted by Tom Quad
    You can use chevy shocks...
    I put the edelbrock #33016 on front of my small tuna boat, a 79 R Body -same car as a 73 B body- and they work very well even though there is some difference in lengths. I have a ton of miles on this set up with no issues. I did test fit them without the torsion bars installed to ensure compatibility.

All you need to do is install a shock bolt sleeve in the bottom bushing and at the top shorten the lower bushing - see pic.
    To let you all know, that's the front shock spec'd out for a 68-72 GM A-body (Chevelle, Cutlass, Skylark, El Camino)
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Originally posted by CudaZappa
    just found this on the net from a guy who built an R-body track car :

To let you all know, that's the front shock spec'd out for a 68-72 GM A-body (Chevelle, Cutlass, Skylark, El Camino)
    Thanks!

I had always figured to either spend the big bucks for some really good shocks, or cobble a less expensive shock like these.

FYI...many moons ago, I welded up a Monroe gas shock to work in the rear suspension of my older model snowmobile, for which no shock was available. Worked very nice. So this concept is not an alien one to me.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

KYB gas a just KG4507, fits late 60s fury and the like.

fits cordoba perfectly, just add a few washers to the top mount spacer.

Comment

Well this also comes in handy with shock brands such as QA1, Bilstein, Koni and other high end manufacturers. This was info I was looking for when I was building my 300. KYBs aren't good enough for what I do.
        1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
        2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

any shock that fits a 69 fury front will work on late B cars.
          the only difference is the length of the top bolt spacer.

So theres plenty of options out there.

Comment

Working...
          X