Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

I am in need of the transmission arm that attatches to the wiper motor. I have intermittent wipers and the original transmission bushing is shot.

Thanks

Please place your ad in the free classifieds...thanks.

Hey, you have a PM.

And welcome!
    Last edited by Magnumguy; 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

same here

mine broke while back too need one bad!!!!

Comment

It's in the works.

Comment

I'd post the "sitting on the couch eating popcorn" smiley, but A) we don't have one, and B) I'm getting pretty fat from all the popcorn I've eaten waiting for this part to show up! LOL

But efforts are being made on this issue, and that is greatly appreciated.

:clapping:
          WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Got a different guy in it now. It's Topher on here. Make sure you let him know you need this piece!!

I've got an NOS one heading his way!

Comment

This what you're talking about Bill? How much of a need is there? Do you have the Mopar part number? I'm HOPING to be able to pick up my first order of the headlight motor gears on Friday. I'll take your piece down there with me if it shows up between now and then.

Comment

I think EVERYONE who has a late B body should have one, and if they've not replaced the link, they will be. They don't give any warning either.

Comment

It will be mailed Tomorrow or Friday
                  1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                  2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Topher View Post
                    How much of a need is there? Do you have the Mopar part number?
                    I'm not sure the bushing itself really had a part number, but it may have a casting number. The dealer sold the linkage assembly which the bushing was part of, but I don't think the bushing itself could be bought alone. Likely the market for this part would be greater since the bushing appears to be the same for the B, R and J bodies despite the B and J linkage assemblies being different.

I've been lucky, I never had a B or an R body linkage fail, but I did have problems with the J body ones.
                    12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by DobaMark View Post
                      I'm not sure the bushing itself really had a part number, but it may have a casting number. The dealer sold the linkage assembly which the bushing was part of, but I don't think the bushing itself could be bought alone. Likely the market for this part would be greater since the bushing appears to be the same for the B, R and J bodies despite the B and J linkage assemblies being different.

I've been lucky, I never had a B or an R body linkage fail, but I did have problems with the J body ones.
                      Mark, I have had about 7 R-body cars over the years as daily drivers. and ALL of them had wiper bushing failures..........

The parts book lists only a "link assembly, wiper drive", consisting of all the parts including link with bushing, cam, crank with pin, spring, 453632 ball, 1922183 ring, release, and retainer. Part number is 3799447. This is from the 1980 parts book!

I think Magnumguy said that this linkage has been superceded by another number......not sure, and I don't have access to any other Mopar numbers. H,N,F,G cars and X,S cars show different numbers but both include "link with bushing".

Comment

Last numbers I have are 3799440 and 525, one's for delay application, other's regular 3 speed. They do interchange I have found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
                          Last numbers I have are 3799440 and 525, one's for delay application, other's regular 3 speed. They do interchange I have found out.

Bill, do you have 3 speed wipers? All of my R-bodies had 2 speed, even the delay/intermittent.

Comment

I am fairly sure the three speed wiper linkage is a very different animal than the two speed wiper linkage for the late B bodies though it has been maybe 15 years since I compared them side by side. The wiper motors were very different, 2 speed vs. 3 speed. The three speed wipers pretty much went away when the 2 speed wipers gained the intermittent feature in 1978.

Most of the F and M body cars did not use a bushing like the one that fails, just several of the smaller ones. They were a simpler design probably because they did not try to park the wipers in a hidden position like the B, R and J body cars.
                            12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

My bad, I meant to type 2 speed w/o delay. Sorry ...

Comment

Working...
                              X