Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son paid the deposit on one back in December. His car doesn't need one at present but we know how fragile they become. What is in there right now came from a wreckers yard about 16 years ago! He was willing to put down $70 of his hard earned money for something our community needs to keep our cars on the road. He is willing to wait for any reasonable time to get the parts. He plans to keep the car for the next 40+ years!!
    David

Comment

• I found out through rl78 that there's no more out there, or so it seems, so those who think they'll get a factory piece just might be driving in dry weather from here on out.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• May as well stick with it and see if we can get enough together to make it happen.

Comment

• I'm willing to wait.
          12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

• Originally posted by white charger View Post
            I know this was mentioned earlier but there may not be enough members on this web site to fill the magic number of orders and to find out what other cars these parts fit and get it on their web sites maybe the only way to get enough orders. Checking with the Cordoba and "r "body websites could be a start once its confirmed that they [the "r'] uses the same parts There were only 4200 300's and 1600+ mag Gt's built so you need a wider forum to get the 100 orders I am sure we would all like to have the parts just maynot be enough of us/ White Charger
            Well, I have already posted it on the Chicagoland Mopar Connections web sight. Hope that helps. I'll see if I can get it on "Moparts "sight also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crizila View Post
              Well, I have already posted it on the Chicagoland Mopar Connections web sight. Hope that helps. I'll see if I can get it on "Moparts "sight also.
              Even tho I don't need the part ya'll are needing, that's what this web sight is all about, we ALL want to help out and want to see the end result, because it being a MOPAR, we all know the end result will be good!!!
              Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
              "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
              I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

• There are yet a few OEM unit assemblies out there. I had'nt posted this till now but I bought one on Ebay about 6 months ago for $70 and it was the original packaging and came with the whole arm. Great deal it was too!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MW4MPR View Post
                  There are yet a few OEM unit assemblies out there. I had'nt posted this till now but I bought one on Ebay about 6 months ago for $70 and it was the original packaging and came with the whole arm. Great deal it was too!!!

6 months, yes. I just bought one after the 1st of the year, apparently all gone now.

Comment

• Don't wanna wear this out, but I do want it to be up top on the main page to get attention.

Comment

• please do keep it up, i havent placed my order cause im waiting to get back to work in a few weeks, been off all winter. when i get things caught up again im planning on ordering 1 for both my magnums. i think if you can keep this up until the summer you should get alot more orders coming in. around here we still have lots of snow on the ground and more coming down right now. i think once more people get their cars out and they get sick of their wipers not working you should be able to get the orders you need to get this done. maybe the word might get around more once car show season comes around too. thanks again for putting in the effort

Comment

• Yes! Not just for people who are tired of their wipers not working though. My son has put down his money on a set even though his wipers are working now. His bushing is the second one the car has ever had and is an original 1978 part out of a scrap car. He KNOWS it's days are numbered, so he has paid his deposit in full for that valuable "back-up" item.
                        David

Comment

• ya forgot to mention the people that may or may not know that they are going to need one soon. as time goes on there are going to be more people realize they need one. it is sheer luck if someone has an original that is still good. i pulled the one from my 78 very carefully and put it in the 79 and it lasted a day before it let go, now i have no wipers on either car. either way keep it up im sure there will be enough orders eventually.

maybe an update of how many orders are in at this point?

Comment

• We're still at $702. I've thrown some money in there too, and will be putting more in as I have opportunity. I keep looking at the views on this post and can't help but think that if 1/10th place an order, we'd be awaiting proof parts.

Comment

• This question was asked early on but had no response...what design parameter(s) prevent these parts from being die cast?

My head says that when you need the part a $70 bill isn't so bad but my gut says that $7000 to make it happen is a big pile-o-cash...just wondering.

Quality Engineered Components
                              EarlyHemi Parts and Tech
                              http://www.qualityengineeredcomponents.com/

Comment

• Probably because "diecast" is metal? Probably would squeak to no end.

I tell ya, $70 will seem small when 10 years down the road you turn on your wipers, and nothing happens. No NOS arms, no repo's.

Comment

Working...
                                X