Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topher, its on its way... UPS tracking number: 1z0343680372496016
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

I received the arm and bushing today from Bill via Gary and proceeded to take it apart. I'm going to the plastic shop tomorrow to HOPEFULLY pick up my first production run of gears and I'll take this piece with me to get a quote on tooling and production.

What I need to know is what is the demand for this piece?

Just as soon as I get the quote I'll let yaw know how much they'll be.

Topher

Comment

Perhaps O.H. can put this where it can be seen better?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I'd be up for one Topher....maybe even a spare depending on price.
            WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

How many different vehicles does this piece fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Topher View Post
                How many different vehicles does this piece fit?

Not sure, but that looks the same as the '79-'81 R-body cars; I believe they were the same in the late '70's B-bodies, but I have CRS, and don't remember what year they started with that piece of crap linkage!!!

Comment

I think that part was the same on the late B bodies, the R bodies and the J bodies. The arms differed, but I believe that bushing was the same.
                  12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Ok. Help the ignorant one out here, what are B, R, J bodies specifically. I know my 67 Charger is a B body, and a Fury is a C body, I don't know what those letters equate to.

Comment

Magnum, Cordoba, 75 up Charger, Charger Sport, Coronet and Fury, some copcars fall in this catagory (Hunter, TJ Hooker style) are B bodies

R bodies are St. Regis, Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue, Gran Fury.

J is the transverse bar Cordoba, Mirada
                      M is the smaller 5th Ave., Diplomat and G. Fury (maybe up to 89?)
                      F is the Aspen/Volare'

Hope I got them right.

Comment

Yep, that's correct. years may help too:
                        R body in 1979-1981 for New Yorker/Fifth Avenue and Gran Fury (no 1979 GF tho)
                        M body New Yorker/Fifth Avenue and Gran Fury are 1982 and up.
                        Many of the late B bodies used a 3 speed wiper, I don't think this bushing applies to them. Cordoba is a B body through 1979, a J body 1980 and later.
                        12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Dropped the part of to the plastic gurus. It'll take a few days to get a quote together.

Comment

Are these the only cars this bushing fits?

Comment

I got a figure for these pieces today. Cost to you for the pieces in the picture is $70. I'll need 100 prepaid orders prior to moving forward with this project. I'll setup a seperate pay pal and bank account to hold the money until there's enough to get started. This may sound drastic, but I don't have the money to fund this one on my own.

Comment

Not drastic at all. An NOS piece which is just the bushing and arm is more, and you don't get the new end pieces either

Bravo Topher!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X