Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use heat, I think the destructions tell you that
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

• These are the instructions that came with the parts:

" It is pretty easy to assemble. You will need to remove the whole wiper transmission from the car. Remove the spring from the crank arm,replace pieces below that and reinstall the spring. Snap cam piece over the shaft on the crank arm. use White lithium grease as a lubricant. Install that assembly into arm of wiper transmission using a large socket for a wpacer to push against and a c clamp or vise to press it together. Once all is snapped together[missing text] assembly. Tanks again for your purchase!"

No mention of heat but I guess I can try that next time. It was running about 100 degrees yesterday when I did this so I would have thought that would have helped in that regard.

Here are is a pictures of the part and if you look closely you can see that part of the edge didn't pop in but just collapsed. I really hope I have better luck next week when the new part arrives.

Ed

Comment

• New one arrived today, so if I get brave I might give it a go tomorrow. I guess the worst that can happen is I wreck another one.

Ed

Comment

Working...
        X