Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topher View Post

The only pictures I have to go by on this are these.... and these don't look complex enough to give grief to me. Maybe that little one in the center, but not the big parts. Do you have a better picture you can post with the spring and ball? It might help.

Comment

• Don't mind me.... just pulling pictures from other threads so I can use them for refference.

"ford" style

old ebay pic I found

Comment

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-19...5TNGT1&vxp=mtr

These aren't the same, tho? This guy seems to have what you are looking for, for 75 bucks. A bit steep in my opinion, but if he's the only guy out there, then he can ask as he pleases.

Comment

• Originally posted by nonstick View Post
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-19...5TNGT1&vxp=mtr

These aren't the same, tho? This guy seems to have what you are looking for, for 75 bucks. A bit steep in my opinion, but if he's the only guy out there, then he can ask as he pleases.

This has been what the going price has been pretty much, a couple different ones who've either proposed doing it or actually doing it have said $75-$100 each.

This seller is Murray Park, a used MoPar parts vendor. Not sure where he got them but from what I've heard, they'r working out.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Good to know!
            WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

• I know of one guy using this kit. It does seem to work okay. I purchased one to have as an extra for my Cordoba.

Comment

• This thread is dated but I find myself in need of some help on the subject. I have a 1979 Cordoba and the plastic bit has broken. I pulled things apart enough to find the broken part and I was able to locate a repair kit off ebay with parts that are advertised to fit(kit contains 4 plastic parts). So from what I understand there are some other parts which I might or might not find once I get back in that area, that being a spring and possible a ball?? I'm wondering if anyone has pictures showing what this should look like? Some earlier posts had links to pictures but the links no longer work.

I have a few other general questions, like does the hood need to come off? I know that sounds strange but the way the hood on the car is it is blocking my vision and if I want to remove the wiper arms I think they have to be lifted up to do the unlatching and the hood is again in the way.

Any other helpful hints are welcome.

Ed

Comment

• Are you on Facebook? I have a Magnum page there, 78-79 Dodge Magnum owner's group, there's a thread on there about that, let me know if you request joining.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• I've resisted joining Facebook.

I hope to get some hours to take more things apart, my first attempt got me part way inside where I located the broken part shown. I started looking at getting the wiper arms off and the latch wasn't moving........ I will have to get them off so that is my next step. They have been on since 1979 so I'm sure corrosion is involved. I can see how to get the motor out and the pivots but the way the hood overhangs trying to see anything inside is very difficult.

Anyway thanks for responding,

Ed

Comment

• The hood doesn't need to come off.

There was a guy selling them on eBay for like $75, but they were clocked 180 degrees wrong. They would work sometimes but not have a consistent "Home" position. I was able to fix on two Magnums by using half of the one I bought with the undamaged half of stock. It is the only option I have found.

Be prepared to be frustrated as you're working in the blind and big hands are not your friend on this.
                      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

• Do a search on this site, there are many threads talking about this
                        That big wiper bushing in the wiper linkage that goes into the wiper motor of my Magnum broke, and so I ordered that aftermarket bushing that you press in.

Comment

• Finally got the wiper arms off. The drivers side was the worst. The passenger side came right off. I've pulled the wiper motor and got the linkage out. I ran out of light so tomorrow I get to clean things up and try and get things back together.

The kit I got off ebay has the problem you mentioned, I noticed that as soon as I had the old part and new part together. I contacted the seller and he told me to use the existing parts and just replace the part that broke. See the image below for the issue. I don't see that as an issue for me since my other parts are still functional. Other then that I think I'm on my way to have working wipers again.

Comment

• I bought about five used bushings off eBay a year or so ago, so I can piece together a couple of more repairs

Comment

• So the parts were a little rusted when I cleaned them up so yesterday was clean-up and paint day. Now it time to put things back together. So the issue is I have no idea what things looked like before hand. When I got to it the one part had broken and fallen off. Now that I am to the point of reassembly and am guessing that perhaps the parts go back as shown? Of course it could go 180 degrees the other way, but I'm thinking if I get it wrong I'm going to be out another $75 + and a lot more work.

So does it get pressed in like this or the other way?

Ed

Comment

• So there goes $75..... I convinced myself that it went the way shown so proceeded to try and pop it in. That did not go well. I used a socket on one side and put the whole thing in my vice. It did not pop in, rather it smashed edge and it will not go in straight, so in wasn't a great day. I see no other option but to order another one and hope it works better......

Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X