Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 300 Wiper Arm Transmission Bushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Parts have already Been mailed! I might have working wipers before the New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again to Magnumguy and Scott for working this out!

Comment

• Far out and funky we can praise the Lord for the dynamic duo of Magnumguy and Scott. Now I 'll go out and buy the two super ultra rare 1978 Factory Original L CODE E58 360-4 hp Triple Black Sunroof and P CODE E68 400-4 hp Triple Black T-Top Magnum GT's I have been putting off from buying, because of the wiper problems they both have .PS Bill please call me I want to know if you have or know of three sets Magnum GT wheels and caps for sale . 954-254-2403 . Thanks George
      Last edited by realfastmagnum; 12-25-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Got my parts in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They look great! Going to put it all together now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MY WIPERS WORK! Still having a park issue but for the most part NO ISSUES! Was having a binding noise and that started to give me a headache, so i pulled the whole assembly out of the cowl and checked it over and re-installed it and no more noise, just the little ticking from the bearing being thrown out as the bushing spins. Dont know what that was all about but I hope it doesnt become an issue in the future.

As far as I know my park position issue has to do with the wiper arms on the pivot, hopefully i can adjust them a few notches and fix my problem. What they are doing is... when i turn them on they wipe across the windshield and come down to where they should be resting when on, but when i turn them off it wipes across the windshield, sometimes too far causing the blade to actually fall off the windshield and then they park in the middle of the windshield. Sometimes lower. Is this just a wiper arm adjustment or is it something with the wiper linkage itself????

Overall very pleased with Scott's product. VERY FAST SHIPPING! The mounting the bushing to the linkage was a snap with the instructions in the video! 100% Recommend these parts to ANYONE in need!

Comment

• Yay!!!! I think my 81 Doba will need one soon. It's acting funny, kinda travels over the edge, then sometimes not. May be the motor?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Heres Some video of my wipers working! Im having a park issue but other than that everything is great! Im 100% Satisfied with parts being made! Heres a pic...

The videos Scott made were great! Do as he says and you will have no problem correctly mounting the bushing cap to the linkage arm. Heres a pic of mine perfectly attached...

Im thinking my park issue is one of 3 things.

#1. The wiper arms arent on the pivot in the right spot
              #2. The wiper motor lost park??? I read somewhere they can wearout and lose the correct park position.
              #3. The wiper motor itself is different. Im using a 79 Cordoba motor on a 78 New Yorker. I have the New Yorkers motor but the little threaded shaft that the wiper link bolts to on the backside of the motor is slightly different.

Any Help on this would be great. Again I 100% believe my issue is my own mistake, the repop bushings being made are AWESOME. The Repop part is in no way causing my problem. I took a risk mixing up B body parts and using them on a C body, but for the most part they work great, its just the little adjustment needed to get them to park correctly and not fall off the windshield and catch on the a pillar occasionally. You'll see what I'm talking about in the videos....

Comment

• Waiting for my bushing to come in the mail.

I've had wiper motors not want to park if you have a service manual for your car there is a wire that should have power or a ground when you turn the wipers off that reverses the motor and parks the wipers
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/fba33781.jpg

Comment

• Im not sure I understand what wire would cause the motor to do that

Comment

• And it works just in time before the snow hits. The wiper bushing kit is very nice.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/fba33781.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan300 View Post
                      And it works just in time before the snow hits. The wiper bushing kit is very nice.
                      Isnt it great! RAIN SLEET AND SNOW HERE I COME! hahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan300 View Post
                        And it works just in time before the snow hits. The wiper bushing kit is very nice.
                        How do I get it?

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Originally posted by Nathan300 View Post
                        I would appreciated ordering/pricing info. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Geemack View Post
                          How do I get it?

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I would appreciated ordering/pricing info. Thanks
                          Here ya go!!

Good Morning and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Pricing for the parts will be $50.00 per set plus 5.00 USPS priority mail.

As far as ordering and payment, I think a USPS money order would be the best way to handle it. All orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Please copy, print and fill out the following order form and mail it, along with your payment. I will send you an email when I receive your order and another email when I send out your kit. I will also be adding another video on Photo Bucket to show you how to mount the arm onto the cap.

If you have the chance to visit Photo Bucket please take a look at the new pictures showing the cap in its original resin color. The amber is the natural color for all the plastic parts. You can order your parts in their natural color or they can be colored at no additional cost.

Late 70s Wiper Bushing Re-pop Order Form

Name: __________________________________________________ ________

Address: __________________________________________________ _______

Telephone: __________________________________________________ _____

Make, Model and Year of Car: ________________________________________

Do you want the parts color tinted? ____________________________________

Email: __________________________________________________ _________

Number of Sets Requested: ________@ $50.00 per set plus $5.00 USPS Priority Shipping.

Total Amount Enclosed: _____________

Payment must be made using a United States Postal Money Order.

By signing below you acknowledge the following:

These parts were reproduced using an original NOS (New Old Stock) parts. The process used includes silicone molds and plastic resins currently available in the marketplace. Because of the nature of this endeavor, and the fact that you will be responsible for assembly and installation, there can be no warranty of said parts. Also, because these parts are hand made, there may be some small imperfections in the casting (i.e., air bubble remnants) but I will not send you any parts that I feel would be inferior to the task for which they are produced. Finally, orders will be filled ASAP on a first come, first served basis.

Signature: ________________________ Date: _________________

Please mail this form and your payment to:

Scott Verbrugge
                          807 Lincoln Road
                          Grosse Pointe, Michigan 48230

* Items included are all three plastic pieces, ball bearing, clip and small cup of Moly grease.
                          ** Items not included are Wiper Link, Torsion Spring, and White Lithium Grease.
                          An email will be sent when your order arrives and again when your order is mailed.

I hope this method of payment is acceptable for everyone.
                          If you have any questions please feel free to email me at SV48230@gmail.com

Sincerely,
                          Scott

I have posted some photos and an updated video at the following link:
                          Late 70s Mopar Wiper Bushing pictures by sv48230 - Photobucket

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Hello Scott,
                            Would it also be $50.00 U.S. + $5.00 U.S. postage for Canadian customers? My son should order a set for his '78 Cordoba to have as spare.
                            Thanx, David

Comment

• Flag is up! Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
                                Yay!!!! I think my 81 Doba will need one soon. It's acting funny, kinda travels over the edge, then sometimes not. May be the motor?
                                Will probably need one for my 80 Doba as well. How can I get one?

Comment

Working...
                                X