How Have You Fixed It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Have You Fixed It?

That "aspirator' valve and plumbing from the back of the pass. side exh. manifold to the aircleaner. Do they make something to plug this up?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

I made some up for my 300 back in 2004. I know they are still in the back of the manifolds. Do you need them right away Bill? Gotta get them when Russ isn't looking...
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Well, I fixed it. Took it off, it was corroding at the base, so I broke it off, ground it down smooth, used a bolt and washers bigger than the hole, and fixed it, pinched off the other piece and put it back in place, for now.

If you'd have one to send along sometime, mucho appreciated. BTW, PM me your new phone number, didn't loose it, my phone did.

Gotta get them when Russ isn't looking...
      Hey Russ!!!! Look over there!! A 100 mile F body!!!!!

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Lots of mid 80's dodge trucks i have seen had a factory plate that bolt on the exhaust manifold where the valve bolts on. I believe I still have two or three of them on my pile of manifolds I got laying around. Let me check if i do you can have them. one of the first things I did to those cars if i left the manfiolds on them was remove the aspirator valve and tube. If you want a factory look.
        1979 Chrysler 300 (408 stroker) SOLD!!!

Comment

I stuck a wiper bushing in the hose by the intake. Quit the leak/noise from it while leaving the system in tact until the manifolds/exhaust were changed. Mine was intact and so that's all I needed to do to plug it up.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I tapped my manifold for the appropriate NC bolt (3/4"?) and counted threads to make sure I didn't obstruct anything when I put it in. A little threadlocker and voila!

Cut the bolt down quite a bit and cleaned up the threads to do it.

$99 would get you a RH exhaust manifold new from China without the hole on Ebay at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Darlantan View Post
              I tapped my manifold for the appropriate NC bolt (3/4"?) and counted threads to make sure I didn't obstruct anything when I put it in. A little threadlocker and voila!

Cut the bolt down quite a bit and cleaned up the threads to do it.

$99 would get you a RH exhaust manifold new from China without the hole on Ebay at one time.
              $99 should get you a replacement without it.
              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I ground the tube off of the base, and welded the hole up, and just put the base back on.

Comment

Originally posted by wa3ra View Post
                  I ground the tube off of the base, and welded the hole up, and just put the base back on.
                  me too.....

Comment

I used a plumbing fitting that just screwed in the hole!

3/4" pipe plug if i remember correctly.

I hope that doesn't that make me a redneck?
                    2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Working...
                    X