Has anyone ever noticed.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever noticed.....

the 78 Magnum in the Mary-kate and Ashley Halloween movie Double, Double, Troil, and Trouble? Just pissed off my nephew by rewinding the netflix to check it out again lol Its a navy blue 78 with white top and white leather. Its only shown for a minute or 2 while they hide next to it. Im always amused when i notice magnums in moves. If i remember right there was a magnum being burned in one of the Police Academy movies too.
    78 magnum xe 360 t-tops
    78 magnum xe 318
    96 neon 4dr
    R.I.P. 90 Ramcharger 360 shoulda never got rid of it

Not real sure about those movies but iirc, I saw a late B or 2 in PA.....but the late B's do show up in many movies.

Comment

One episode of Police Academy, they blow one up. Did you ever see "JunkMan"?

We all bought copies of it a few years back. B rate but good chase scene w/a Magnum chase car. Gets blowed up real good though

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

did someone mention mary kate and ashley olsen ?
        Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
          One episode of Police Academy, they blow one up. Did you ever see "JunkMan"?

We all bought copies of it a few years back. B rate but good chase scene w/a Magnum chase car. Gets blowed up real good though
          Awesome movie. It's hard to think that all those cars he wrecked just were worth more to wreck for a movie than to preserve.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by plumcrazy View Post
            Yeah that's what happens when a 4 year old pics out a movie from what the cover looks like and what his aunts tells him he can watch lol

Yeah i have heard of "Junkman" and seen the screen shots but never got a copy. But I do have a fondness for those b rated movies and tv shows, they always have some cool cars in the background
            78 magnum xe 360 t-tops
            78 magnum xe 318
            96 neon 4dr
            R.I.P. 90 Ramcharger 360 shoulda never got rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by plumcrazy View Post
              I knew you'd be all over that plum.........lol.............they really turned out to be kinda skanky though
              Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

Can't say I've seen that Olsen movie. But I recall back in the 90's watching a rerun of an episode of the Incredible Hulk from the 70/80s where there was a Magnum XE. You pretty much could guess the Hulk was gonna destroy the Magnum before it was over but I kept expecting Bill (MagnumGuy, not Bill Bixby) to show up and save the car.
                12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

YouTube - The Junkman - Scene 5
                  78 cordoba 360 4brl -under restoration

Comment

Several of our '70s personal luxury cars rivals in there...Monte Carlos, Eldorado, T-Bird...looks like the late-B crashes well...twice over onto the roof with no collapsing of the roof or A-pillars.
                    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

sweet never even heard of the movie before. i like how the crashes are real. cgi just isnt for me

Comment

Originally posted by cahrin View Post
                        sweet never even heard of the movie before. i like how the crashes are real. cgi just isnt for me
                        Yes, it was the sequel to Gone in 60 Seconds, both by H.B. Halicki. I had to order my DVD copy from Borders. It took 3 days to get in. Great film.

Clips of it have already been posted on this forum.
                        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by DobaMark View Post
                          Can't say I've seen that Olsen movie. But I recall back in the 90's watching a rerun of an episode of the Incredible Hulk from the 70/80s where there was a Magnum XE. You pretty much could guess the Hulk was gonna destroy the Magnum before it was over but I kept expecting Bill (MagnumGuy, not Bill Bixby) to show up and save the car.
                          I remember you and Wes joking around about that. Good ol days.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Working...
                          X