Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions.....

Can't make up my mind on this one.

Gotta guy who's wanting a Magnum for his father for his birthday, he had one back in the day, and regrets ever selling it, son wants a turn-key car for him.

He wants my white one, it's nicer, but has had paint/body work (nothing extensive) and I could get more $ for it, but we've had this car since 92, and have used it in parades, vacations, etc. It has not moved in probably 4-5 months. I have been trying to convince him to buy "red". Not as glamorous, but if more fun to drive, gets more attention, and is pretty much a "survivior". You see what you get with it.

Those of you who've seen both cars, know what's what. Looking for suggestions on which to move. If I sell white, I don't have a more-showable car, and red will take some body/paint to get near what the white one is. I like red as I can jump in it, go wherever, and not worry so much if it gets bumped or bruised, dirty, etc.

I don't need to sell either, but it would free up some garage space, and maybe generate some $ to make red nicer, and go towards the black XE patiently waiting resto.

I would appreciate your thoughts. I know it would be easier to replace "red" for what I use it for, but......

I like having 3 Magnums, but I think maybe having 3 is keeping me from working on any of them, ya know?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Sounds like you have it figured out.

Sell White, Drive Red, Resto Black.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiN View Post
      Sounds like you have it figured out.

I agree.....besides, I've never been a fan of white paint

Comment

I concur!
        White is nice but I know how much Black means to you and it is time!

Comment

You know what's going on. The guy is only willing to buy your white one.

What's keeping you from restoring the black one? by this, neither the white one or red one is costing you money except for tags and gas. If you need a jump start, then yeah, sell the white one. You haven't touched it in 4 months. fix up the black one so you take that one out just as much. Black is much nicer than white IMHO. Just remember, if it ain't right, paint it white. Black requires it to be right!
          1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
          2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

I too agree with spin.....
            Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

You have had white for 18 years for show. Is "showing" of value now? What is the difference in equipment between red and white? Mileage? Provenance? I sense ambivalence about white.

You have a buyer for white not for red. Sell white and improve red to enjoy it a bit more. And use the rest towards bringing black back. Commit to black to justify selling white. If white sells take it to mean it is time for black.

Without any more info - I'd say SpiN said it as succinctly as possible.

And you will have room for a 6 cyl or a BB GT if a deal should pop up!
              78 Magnum GT - original owner - triple black - most options
              98 T& C LXi
              98 Regal GS

Comment

Count one more to sell the white one.

Comment

Bill you already now what I think. BUT I did forget about the black car. Dont forget to send me chris's info. Thanks. Mac

Comment

Originally posted by SpiN View Post
                    The more I think about it, the better I like this advice.
                    12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Wow for me it would be tough decision. Nice is hard to find at a reasonable price and very expensive to take something that needs work and make it nice. We all see the adds "Have $1000 invested but will take $100". If it was me I would keep it unless you need the money and just make up my mind that I'm going to work on Blackey and have it at Carlisle in 2011 or so, set a goal it's not like you don't have the parts, then sell Whitey when Blackey is your good ride.

Comment

Go with your heart and don't listen to what others would do.
                        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Bill, if it was my decision to make, and I had the white one for so long as my real special car I don't think I would be able to part with it. We have a '76 Cordoba that has been around the longest of any of the cars and it's always been kinda special, would be real hard to part with.
                          1975 Charger SE E68 323
                          1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                          1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                          1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

I asked "buyer" today just how bad he wants "Whitey". Stay tuned.....

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I am not a fan of Red and if you want to drive white around more while fixing up black. I'm also getting rid of a third to have two nicer cars... Still selling the M-51 big block moonroof car...

You have to make the choice buddy... If we decide and you aren't happy... that's just wrong. I always wanted a big block car and wanted to fix one up like OH, but that ain't happening...at least just yet until I'm set in some other areas first.

The dream will live on!
                              "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail us now!"
                              '78 Magnum XE 400 w/ Sunroof:
                              '79 GT E-58 w/ T's

Comment

Working...
                              X